Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Political 'Flying Saucers'?

1. Aug 21, 2004 #1
    "The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane. ... With full disclosure and our best scientific investigation, we should be able to find out what happened on that fateful day in July 1947."

Democrates wanna know :eek:

"Now Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, who chaired the recent Democratic convention in Boston, says in his foreword to a new book that "the mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained...."

Repubs response?

"... in a show of extraterrestrial bipartisanship, the executive director of the New Mexico Republican Party is taking Richardson's side. Greg Graves, a native of Roswell who suspects the crashed object was "something more than a weather balloon," ...."

yeah, but what's his 'real motive'? :uhh:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/08/16/MNGAK88OQQ1.DTL
    Flying saucers in New Mexico? Governor rekindles Roswell

I've said it before, W was flying saucers and his flight records will never be found!!:biggrin:

(remember what happened with the U.S. General Accounting Office investigation? For all we know Barbara Bush 'crashed' that weather balloon:rolleyes:)

read my new book: I was a Crash Test Dummy for Roswell. :surprise:

Full Disclosure is on the way :bugeye:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2004 #2
    http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news04/081804_news_ufo.shtml

Some N.M. scientists want close encounter
    By Sue Vorenberg
    Tribune Reporter

more laughs:
    Ken Frazier, editor of the Skeptical Inquirer, finds the governor's idea ironic and laughable.

Even better would be if an investigation led to some of the alien's friends coming for a visit. Bill Elwell, a spokesman for the FBI, said he'd love to interrogate an alien.

They might even be able to tell why the thing crashed in the first place, Dick Perry, the center's manager, said with a laugh.

Besides, Penny Boston, a Mars expert at New Mexico Tech, says she's sure aliens haven't been here before. They would have come back and looked her up, she said.

yet:
    Some New Mexico scientists aren't so quick to judge. Why not open an investigation? It might get more people interested in science, said Spencer Lucas, a curator at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science.

"Obviously, a lot of people are interested in it," Lucas said. "People saw something. Like all good Americans I have an inherent distrust of the government......

=======
    i'm a good American

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?