Is a pill-based diet the future of food?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food
In summary, the best part about eating food is that you can enjoy it without having to go down to the dining hall.

Whats the best part about food

• The taste and sensations of eating

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Its usefulness for survival

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So what do you think is the best part about eating food.

Which leads to the question, if they turned food into a pill that you just swallowed for all your nutritional and "hunger" needs, would you switch to it?

Physics news on Phys.org
NOOO! I ACCIDENTALLY VOTED IN THE WRONG BOX! It wasn't clicking the first option, so i clicked the second to see if it would work, and then it did so i clicked the first again and hit submit and it posted the second :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i don't eat to survive! I eat for the pleaure of it!

Let's see. Eat some pill with no taste, or eat a meal and enjoy it. I think this is pretty clear imo.

I would take the pill, as long as I felt full after eating it. I think having to go down to the dining hall is such a waste of time, just like sleeping. I can not stand how much time I waste sleeping.

Food doesn't exist. It's all an illusion in your mind.

Smurf said:
Food doesn't exist. It's all an illusion in your mind.

Smurf your useless. get out of the car

Yeah smurf give me some of your "useless" too. I think that is what pengwuino meant :smile:

Your: Possessive form of 'you'
You're: You are

grammar nazis

I would only use the pills if there were lots of them and they tasted like M&M's.

Pengwuino said:
grammar nazis
grammar nazi? Please, I am terrible at grammar, but something like this is so basic that everyone should know it :smile:

mattmns said:
grammar nazi? Please, I am terrible at grammar, but something like this is so basic that everyone should know it :smile:

Their are many more basic errors and there never pointed out because people don't have so much time on they're hands! Ugh, people and they're arrogance :rolleyes:

Pengwuino said:
Their are many more basic errors and there never pointed out because people don't have so much time on they're hands! Ugh, people and they're arrogance :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pengwuino said:

*adds fuel to the fire*

There are more basic errors and they are never pointed out, because people don't have as much [free] time on their hands! Ugh, people and their arrogance.

:biggrin:

Guess mattmns was the only one to catch the enormous, obvious joke

Pengwuino said:
Guess mattmns was the only one to catch the enormous, obvious joke
I caught it. :smile:

mattmns said:
Your: Possessive form of 'you'
You're: You are
Are you saying that you don't possesses a mind? Right. My bad.

I just returned from an expensive steakhouse :!)
Nobody goes and spends 25 dollars a person for survival only :rofl:

It was so good :bugeye:

I wish I had enough money to go there more often :(

Pengwuino said:
grammar nazis
Uneducated masses.

If they started making food pills I would not eat them for 2 reasons:
1. They're probably full of synthetic chemicals that are going to give me cancer.

2. The amount of each nutrient a person requires is dependant on a lot of things, each person is quite different, so how would I know I'm getting all my nutrients from this little pill that's been manufactured for millions of people.

Hypothetical question: If they did manufacture food pills, what would happen if you ate too much? Can you OD on nutrition? :biggrin:

pattylou said:
Uneducated masses.
Elitest Democrat

Life is hard enough as it is. Without tasty food it would be completely unpalatable.

pattylou said:
Life is hard enough as it is. Without tasty food it would be completely unpalatable.

Very true. I know that when I have crammed for tests, like this past Thursday, after five hours of straight studying, it is nice to have a bite to eat while taking a break.

Sometimes food is such a bother..I would use food pills if I could.

Smurf said:
Elitest Democrat
Jealous Canook.

pattylou said:
Jealous Canook.
You know you're pretty hot when you say that.

What is the best part about food?

The best part about food is that it satisfies our hunger and provides us with essential nutrients and energy to fuel our bodies.

How does food impact our daily lives?

Food plays a significant role in our daily lives as it not only provides nourishment but also brings people together and is often associated with cultural and social traditions.

What makes certain foods more enjoyable than others?

Taste, texture, and aroma are the main factors that make certain foods more enjoyable than others. Our taste buds and sense of smell play a crucial role in determining our food preferences.

Why do people have different food preferences?

Food preferences are influenced by a variety of factors, such as cultural background, personal experiences, and genetic predispositions. These factors can vary from person to person, resulting in different food preferences.

Can food have a positive impact on our mood?

Yes, food can have a positive impact on our mood. Certain foods contain nutrients that can help boost our mood, such as omega-3 fatty acids found in fish, which can improve brain function and reduce symptoms of depression.