Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Poll]Best part about food

1. The taste and sensations of eating

14 vote(s)
  2. Its usefulness for survival

6 vote(s)
  1. Sep 10, 2005 #1

Gold Member

So what do you think is the best part about eating food.

Which leads to the question, if they turned food into a pill that you just swallowed for all your nutritional and "hunger" needs, would you switch to it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2005 #2
    NOOO!!! I ACCIDENTALLY VOTED IN THE WRONG BOX!!!!! It wasn't clicking the first option, so i clicked the second to see if it would work, and then it did so i clicked the first again and hit submit and it posted the second :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i don't eat to survive! I eat for the pleaure of it!
  4. Sep 10, 2005 #3
    Let's see. Eat some pill with no taste, or eat a meal and enjoy it. I think this is pretty clear imo.
  5. Sep 10, 2005 #4
    I would take the pill, as long as I felt full after eating it. I think having to go down to the dining hall is such a waste of time, just like sleeping. I can not stand how much time I waste sleeping.
  6. Sep 10, 2005 #5
    Food doesn't exist. It's all an illusion in your mind.
  7. Sep 10, 2005 #6

Gold Member

Smurf your useless. get out of the car
  8. Sep 10, 2005 #7
    Yeah smurf give me some of your "useless" too. I think that is what pengwuino meant :smile:

Your: Possessive form of 'you'
    You're: You are
  9. Sep 10, 2005 #8

Gold Member

grammar nazis
  10. Sep 10, 2005 #9
    I would only use the pills if there were lots of them and they tasted like M&M's.
  11. Sep 10, 2005 #10
    grammar nazi? Please, I am terrible at grammar, but something like this is so basic that everyone should know it :smile:
  12. Sep 10, 2005 #11

Gold Member

Their are many more basic errors and there never pointed out because people dont have so much time on they're hands! Ugh, people and they're arrogance :rolleyes:
  13. Sep 10, 2005 #12
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  14. Sep 10, 2005 #13
    *adds fuel to the fire*

15. Sep 10, 2005 #14

Gold Member

Guess mattmns was the only one to catch the enormous, obvious joke
  16. Sep 10, 2005 #15

Staff: Mentor

I caught it. :smile:
  17. Sep 10, 2005 #16
    Are you saying that you don't possess a mind? Right. My bad.
  18. Sep 10, 2005 #17
    I just returned from an expensive steakhouse :!!)
    Nobody goes and spends 25 dollars a person for survival only :rofl:

It was so good :bugeye:

I wish I had enough money to go there more often :(
  19. Sep 10, 2005 #18
    Uneducated masses.
  20. Sep 10, 2005 #19
    If they started making food pills I would not eat them for 2 reasons:
    1. They're probably full of synthetic chemicals that are going to give me cancer.

2. The amount of each nutrient a person requires is dependant on a lot of things, each person is quite different, so how would I know I'm getting all my nutrients from this little pill that's been manufactured for millions of people.

Hypothetical question: If they did manufacture food pills, what would happen if you ate too much? Can you OD on nutrition? :biggrin:
  21. Sep 10, 2005 #20
    Elitest Democrat
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?