Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Poll feedback

What do you think of poll placement?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2006.
  1. It is a good idea.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. It is a dumb idea.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Mar 31, 2006 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

How difficult would it be to change a 'poll' thread so that the actual 'poll' comes after the associated opening thread?

It seems that the opening thread would be required reading before viewing the poll - the poll question itself is way too terse to provide appropriate context; I suspect there are a lot of cases where people take the poll, then read the explanation, which may well alter their answer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2006 #2
    I think it's a good idea though considering the trouble that it may take to make the change I'm not sure if it would really be worth the effort. I have no idea how much effort it would take but I'm assuming it may take quite a bit.

4. Apr 2, 2006 #3

dav2008

Gold Member

What exactly am I voting for?

Is this for/against your proposition or for/against the current placement?

5. Apr 2, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone take our polls seriously enough for it to matter? I should have saved a link to the poll that showed about 30% of respondents here lie on our polls (they selected the option that stated they never vote in polls).

6. Apr 2, 2006 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

70% of all statistics in forum poll threads are made up on the spot, anyway.

- Warren

7. Apr 2, 2006 #6

EL

Science Advisor

Something similar

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?