Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Poll For Senior Students and Grad Students

1. Choice 1

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Choice 2

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Choice 3

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Choice 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Feb 3, 2007 #1
    Choice 1: I need at least a few examples for each new definition. The more examples, the better I will understand the definitions. I thus prefer slow-paced textbooks that have the number of examples I need.

Choice 2: I need at least one example for each definition to make sure I have a good sense of the meaning of the definition. More would be nice as well but not absolutely necessary. Most textbooks fulfill my needs, but I prefer to avoid fast-paced textbooks.

Choice 3: It would be nice to read one example, but only one, to grasp new definitions. If I read more examples than one, I will be wasting valuable studying time. I can handle most fast-paced textbooks, and if examples are missing, it's ok. But one example for each definition would be nice.

Choice 4: I don't need examples. I can just read a definition and then fully understand the applications and theorems involving it. I prefer to avoid slow-paced textbooks that have too many examples and explanations that would slow me down.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted