POLL - geographic location of our members

In summary, the poll is to determine the global localization of all our members. The poll is global in that it includes members from all over the world. The poll is local in that it evaluates the localization of members based on their social and cultural boundaries. Male, from Canada, is one of the participants in the poll. Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.

Your Geographic Location

• North America

Votes: 203 60.4%
  • Latin America

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Europe

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • Islamic world (ie N. Africa and Middle East)

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Africa (excl above)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Former Soviet Union

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • East Asia (eg China/ Japan)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • South Asia (eg India)

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • South East Asia (eg Malesia/ Indonesia)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Australia and Oceania

Votes: 16 4.8%

• Total voters
i don't know wheather i am a bit late for this.
Male, Malaysia (Well, u spell Malaysia as Malesia)

Physics news on Phys.org
Male, The Netherlands

Male. Slovenia

MALE.
INDIA

Woohoo go new zealand :P

male, belgium

Chicago, IL

Male: Madrid

SPAIN

SPAIN

SPAIN

Male- USA- Michigan

Male

Canada

Originally from Ukraine

Male, Dominican Republic, Caribbean :cool:

Male, Turkish Republic-Istanbul

Monique said:
I'd also like to find out whether there are any other Dutch people here, otherwise I have some serious recruiting to do.
Here is a male one (living in Sweden).

Monique
I'd also like to find out whether there are any other Dutch people here, otherwise I have some serious recruiting to do.

Why "otherwise"? Just do it :smile:

Vector Sum:

Big Boy

American (Northeast), with Immigrant mother (Britain) and Canadian Father

"in Dutch we've got a word for people like that: mierenneukers, haha! I hope nobody will be able to translate that since it won't look pretty in English, lol."

Yes you are right about that. I've seen quite a lengthy website with all kinds of Dutch insults on it. The predominant theme was genitalia and diseases.

I generally don't give a lot of details in profiles for security reasons.

Male, Belgium, Dutch speaking (besides French, English, ...)

Male, Italian, working in Germany

You will soon count me among the lost souls in the US. America rules ! :cry:

I do not know that the Islamic world is that small hehe

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well, accordgin to my modest knowldge, and if my memort is not wrong, the arabic world [aka middle east and north africa] even it is 14 millinion km^2 and with the huge population it has...Get ready to hear the next...

IT IS STILL ONLY 20% of the Islamic world... to be more precise it is 19.78%..

Hahaha, i found it amazing how many people in the "Western World" don;t know that..[yeah, i am from the western world...even i lived very long years in the middel east!]

[i am not mkaing fun of anybody..but i just find it funy how usually arabs are considered the vast majority of muslims...] :rofl: :rofl:

UK and the forum name gives the gender away.

What a great place - I start composing my first post in the Quantum Theory section and end up answering my question before I got as far as the Submit button. So, apart from this post, I'll go back to lurking...

Bob.

Where's that thread about necroposting...?
In a way, I'm glad that this came up. The thread far predates me, so I went ahead and voted since I'd never seen it before.
Male, near Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

This poll apparently hasn't been active in over four years, so it's got to be way out of date. I'm sure we have a lot more members from Asia than the poll results indicate as I write this.

Danger said:
Male, near Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Calgary, eh? That's where I got stuck in a freakin' blizzard in the middle of the freakin' month of May, five years ago!

Attachments

• AndersonApproach.jpg
    AndersonApproach.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
jtbell said:
That's where I got stuck in a freakin' blizzard in the middle of the freakin' month of May, five years ago!

You're not an Albertan until that has happened to you in August. :tongue:

:rofl: I just went back and caught the interaction between Monique and MrRobinParsons, who really had his panties in a bunch at the notion of being lumped in with us crude, crass Americans. Wow, Monique, you must have infinite patience!

Female, Seattle area, Washington State

The funny thing was, that very evening I took a bus up to Edmonton, which turned out to be bone dry because the blizzard had bypassed it. A couple of mornings later I went to catch the train to Vancouver and it was several hours late because it had gotten stuck in that same blizzard in Manitoba.

But when I finally got back to Calgary the next week for my flight home, I was rewarded with gorgeous clear weather.

Attachments

• BarlowApproach.jpg
    BarlowApproach.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 381
Male, Australia.

lisab said:
MrRobinParsons, who really had his panties in a bunch at the notion of being lumped in with us crude, crass Americans.

As a Canuck, I'm also quite offended if someone assumes that I'm a Yank, but Parsons was more offensive in a lot of his posts than most people of any nationality. I denounce him. For one thing, anyone who introduces himself as 'Mr.' anything gets my shoe up his *** immediately. Some idiot debt collector, who had no reason to be bothering me, kept calling and announcing himself as 'Mr. Van******'. I put up with it for a while, until he threatened to seize my mother's house. Then I pointed out that I knew where he lived and where his children went to school, and hinted about having survived a couple of black-ops tours in Cambodia... never heard from him again. :biggrin:

edit: Just saw you last post, JT. You must know the standard saying in Alberta; if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

Last edited:
Male from Canada

Female from the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're behind Australia?!
What is this world coming to?

MACHO!, Republica Dominicana!

Male, Montana, USA

Hi, Foxy. Good to see you again.

<h2>What is the purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members?</h2><p>The purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members is to gain a better understanding of our audience and to tailor our services or products to their specific needs. It can also help us identify any potential gaps in our reach and make informed decisions on how to expand our reach to other regions.</p><h2>How is the geographic location of our members determined?</h2><p>The geographic location of our members is typically determined through self-reporting. This means that members provide their location information voluntarily, either through a registration form or by updating their profile. In some cases, we may also use geolocation technology to determine a member's location based on their IP address.</p><h2>What is the significance of knowing the geographic distribution of our members?</h2><p>Knowing the geographic distribution of our members can provide valuable insights into the diversity of our audience and help us identify any regional trends or patterns. This information can also be useful in marketing and advertising efforts, as well as in developing targeted campaigns or initiatives.</p><h2>How often is the data on the geographic location of our members updated?</h2><p>The frequency of data updates on the geographic location of our members may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of our organization. In general, we strive to keep this information as up-to-date as possible to ensure its accuracy and relevance.</p><h2>Is the data on the geographic location of our members kept confidential?</h2><p>Yes, the data on the geographic location of our members is kept confidential and is only used for internal purposes. We adhere to strict privacy policies and do not share this information with any third parties without the explicit consent of our members.</p>

What is the purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members?

The purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members is to gain a better understanding of our audience and to tailor our services or products to their specific needs. It can also help us identify any potential gaps in our reach and make informed decisions on how to expand our reach to other regions.

How is the geographic location of our members determined?

The geographic location of our members is typically determined through self-reporting. This means that members provide their location information voluntarily, either through a registration form or by updating their profile. In some cases, we may also use geolocation technology to determine a member's location based on their IP address.

What is the significance of knowing the geographic distribution of our members?

Knowing the geographic distribution of our members can provide valuable insights into the diversity of our audience and help us identify any regional trends or patterns. This information can also be useful in marketing and advertising efforts, as well as in developing targeted campaigns or initiatives.

How often is the data on the geographic location of our members updated?

The frequency of data updates on the geographic location of our members may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of our organization. In general, we strive to keep this information as up-to-date as possible to ensure its accuracy and relevance.

Is the data on the geographic location of our members kept confidential?

Yes, the data on the geographic location of our members is kept confidential and is only used for internal purposes. We adhere to strict privacy policies and do not share this information with any third parties without the explicit consent of our members.