Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Poll: lord of creation

do you see man as lord of creation?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2003.
  1. no doubt!

0 vote(s)
  2. somehow, yes

1 vote(s)
  3. can't makkup me mind

2 vote(s)
  4. rather not

1 vote(s)
  5. no way!

4 vote(s)
  1. Mar 21, 2003 #1
    [SOLVED] poll: lord of creation

if, why and why not, if not? and why?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2003 #2
    Since I don't hold the religious view that life on this world was created by a higher being, I would have to say that we seem to be the most 'advanced' life-form.

Being 'lord' involves a sense of responsibility that arises from our ability to make things happen and our foresight.
    Our capacity to drastically change the lives of other life-forms, combined with our capacity (somewhat more limited) to forsee such changes, give rise to a responsibility to other life-forms.

Rats have driven many animal species extinct, but they don't know what they are doing (and they can't help it anyway). Humans have done the same thing, but now we know we are doing it, and should therefore try to minimise the harm we cause to other species.

I wonder what people who are religious (ie believe in a divine creator) think about this.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?