Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Polyfusion Noise Generator

1. Nov 30, 2005 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2005 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I don't know what the 3130 component is, so I googled the following:

+3130 +generator +ic

and got some hits that might apply. Assuming the 3130 is some kind of noise generator or other waveform generator, the rest of the circuit looks like analog filters to convert the white noise into pink and other noise spectra. The reference to "Infra Red" must be some other noise spectra.

4. Nov 30, 2005 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Looks to me like the 3130 is just an op-amp used to amplify the thermal noise(white) of the diode junction. I did a google search and found the following cached site which is no longer in service.
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ff/polyp.htm+"3130+ic"&hl=en&client=firefox-a
    It is for a polyphonic Moog music synthesizer. It's a CMOS, OPERATIONAL Amp.

Regards
    Don

5. Dec 1, 2005 #4
    RCA made an op-amp that was a CA3130. I've used it. It's an old part. I'm sure that is what it is. It was an 8 pin DIP which it looks like the one in the link is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?