Porobably only interesting to me

In summary, "probably only interesting to me" refers to something that may not be of general interest, but is personally intriguing or important to the speaker. It is important to acknowledge this because it allows for a better understanding of personal biases and perspectives, and promotes respect for differing interests and opinions. While something may only be interesting to oneself, it can still hold value in the scientific community by contributing to the overall understanding and advancement of science. It is possible for something to be both "probably only interesting to me" and scientifically relevant, as personal interests and experiences can shape research and provide unique perspectives and insights. Having a balance between personal interests and objective research is important for a well-rounded and diverse scientific community, allowing for the exploration of a wider
JamesU
Gold Member
but I found a short clip of the upcoming: SAW II.

http://ghostengine.com/saw2/saw2_intnl_700.html

and the forums are here:

http://www.houseofjigsaw.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The commercial reminds me of my book I just read. Velocity, by Dean Koontz. It was very delicious. Metaphorically.

I find it interesting that there is already a buzz around the upcoming release of SAW II. It shows the power of marketing and how it can generate excitement and anticipation for a product or event. However, as a scientist, I also recognize the ethical implications of promoting a movie that is known for its extreme violence and gore. While it may be entertaining for some, it is important to consider the impact it may have on society and the desensitization to violence that can occur. As a community, we should also be mindful of the potential influence on younger audiences who may not fully understand the consequences of such actions depicted in the movie. As scientists, we have a responsibility to not only entertain, but also educate and promote responsible media consumption.

What does "probably only interesting to me" mean?

"Probably only interesting to me" is a phrase used to describe something that may not be of general interest, but is personally intriguing or important to the speaker.

Why is it important to acknowledge that something may only be interesting to oneself?

Acknowledging that something may only be interesting to oneself allows for a better understanding of personal biases and perspectives. It also allows for better communication and respect for differing interests and opinions.

Can something that is only interesting to oneself have value in the scientific community?

Yes, while the scientific community focuses on objective and widely applicable knowledge, personal interests and experiences can still contribute to the overall understanding and advancement of science. Ideas and discoveries may stem from personal interests and curiosities, and can also lead to valuable collaborations and interdisciplinary approaches.

Is it possible for something to be both "probably only interesting to me" and scientifically relevant?

Yes, it is possible for something to have personal significance while also being scientifically relevant. Personal interests and experiences can shape research questions and approaches, and can also provide unique perspectives and insights in the scientific community.

Why is it important for scientists to have a balance between personal interests and objective research?

Having a balance between personal interests and objective research allows for a more well-rounded and diverse scientific community. It also allows for the exploration of a wider range of topics and potential solutions to scientific problems.