What type of suspension does the Porsche 911 have?

• Automotive
  • Thread starter mehdi karami
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Suspension
In summary, the car suspension in a "proper" Porsche 911 is a passive torsion bar system with telescopic dampers. Technical data such as dimensions, damper coefficients, spring rate, and moment of inertia can be obtained by contacting Porsche directly.
mehdi karami
Hey guys .

Does anybody know about the type of car suspension in porsche 911 ?

I want to analyse the forces on its suspension , So i have to know that it's active ,semi active or passive suspension ?
Can I choose one of them arbitrarily?

Engineering news on Phys.org
"Proper" Porsche 911s have torsion bar suspension with telescopic dampers, this is a passive system.

Tank you veryyyyyy much,

So would u please tell me how can i get some technical data of its coil spring and damper , such as dimensions , damper coefficients, spring rate , moment of interia ,etc ?

Well, it doesn't have a coil spring. Like I said, it's a torsion bar arrangement.

You could try getting in touch with Porsche for that kind of technical information.

1. What type of suspension does the Porsche 911 use?

The Porsche 911 uses a double-wishbone front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension.

2. What is the advantage of the Porsche 911's suspension system?

The Porsche 911's suspension system is designed for high performance, providing excellent handling and stability on both smooth and rough roads.

3. Does the Porsche 911 have adjustable suspension?

Yes, the Porsche 911 offers an optional Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system that allows drivers to adjust the suspension settings for a more comfortable or sporty ride.

4. What is the difference between the Porsche 911's suspension and other cars?

The Porsche 911's suspension is designed specifically for the car and its high-performance capabilities. It is more rigid and lightweight compared to other cars, providing better handling and responsiveness.

5. How often should the suspension be checked and maintained on a Porsche 911?

The manufacturer recommends checking the suspension every 10,000 miles and replacing any worn out components. Regular maintenance and inspections can help prolong the life of the suspension and ensure optimal performance.