Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Port Forwarding

1. Sep 3, 2006 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have an interesting problem: I'm moved into university and people can't join custom games I create in warcraft 3. However, people CAN join games I create in starcraft. What would cause this? How do I fix it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2006 #2

Homework Helper

You'll need to try forwarding some of the ports required by Warcraft 3. I believe they are:

TCP and UDP: 6112-6119
    TCP: 116 and 118

You'll need to poke holes in your firewall accordingly as well.
  4. Sep 3, 2006 #3
    Hmm, not sure about that, but in my case i can play LAN games with my friends as long as they are in the same college. I cant play with them even they are in the same university network but different colleges.

Well, for portforwarding, u could try www.portforward.com .
  5. Sep 3, 2006 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

How do I forward the port? Keep in mind I'm at university and they're not going to let me touch any of their stuff.

I've used Putty to forward a port for mail before, but only because step by step instructions were given.
  6. Sep 4, 2006 #5

Gold Member

You could read this article: http://puremhz.com:8080/showthread.php?t=3424.

It talks about how to set up an SSH tunnel and send any and all traffic through the tunnel to a "server" you've set up elsewhere.

I guess if this doesnt help you, you could google along similar lines and find a solution. btw, starcraft is a really great game.

Hope it helps.
  7. Aug 25, 2007 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?