1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Port Forwarding

1. Sep 3, 2006 #1

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have an interesting problem: I'm moved into university and people can't join custom games I create in warcraft 3. However, people CAN join games I create in starcraft. What would cause this? How do I fix it?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2006 #2

mezarashi

Homework Helper

You'll need to try forwarding some of the ports required by Warcraft 3. I believe they are:

TCP and UDP: 6112-6119
    TCP: 116 and 118

You'll need to poke holes in your firewall accordingly as well.

4. Sep 3, 2006 #3
    Hmm, not sure about that, but in my case i can play LAN games with my friends as long as they are in the same college. I cant play with them even they are in the same university network but different colleges.

Well, for portforwarding, u could try www.portforward.com .

5. Sep 3, 2006 #4

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

How do I forward the port? Keep in mind I'm at university and they're not going to let me touch any of their stuff.

I've used Putty to forward a port for mail before, but only because step by step instructions were given.

6. Sep 4, 2006 #5

ranger

Gold Member

You could read this article: http://puremhz.com:8080/showthread.php?t=3424.

It talks about how to set up an SSH tunnel and send any and all traffic through the tunnel to a "server" you've set up elsewhere.

I guess if this doesnt help you, you could google along similar lines and find a solution. btw, starcraft is a really great game.

Hope it helps.

7. Aug 25, 2007 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?