Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Portrait of a pet psychic

1. Sep 21, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6010801/

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2004 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Not impressed. Anyone can be an animal communicator if they quiet their minds. I happen to be a household appliance communicator - and my rates are quite reasonable. My specialty is kitchen appliances, but, I can do most room varietals, including garage and woodshed appliances.

4. Sep 21, 2004 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can you tell me why my toaster is depressed? :cry:

5. Sep 21, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want to know why they can see animal's thoughts but not people's thoughts. Lets see, could it be that we can verify what people are thinking but not what Fido is thinking? But that would imply fraud! :surprised

So, do these people really think they see the thoughts of animals - are they fooling themselves as well as others - or is this simple fraud?

6. Sep 21, 2004 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

People who claim to be psychic frequently use the metaphor that they are radios, and that they "tune in" to a certain frequency when they are doing their work. Maybe they are saying that some psychics are better at receiving the "animal frequency" and some are better at receiving the "human frequency".

p.s. Bun said she would like have a new catnip mousie- red preferably- and Zoobie asks that you please not rub her belly fur in the opposite direction that it grows.
    ( :wink: kidding!)

7. Sep 22, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But you don't need to be psychic to know this...cats are very effective at communicating this through sign language, i.e., claws!

I don't think these people really believe this stuff, I think they just found a gullible audience willing to pay for such a service.

Then again, I can communicate with sheep...I just pace the field, telepathically talking to each of them, and they all walk in the direction I ask them to...well, except that one stubborn one that always refuses to listen to me and has to do her own thing. :rofl:

8. Sep 22, 2004 #7

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

That is an easy one. Your toaster is depressed because it feels crumby deep down inside.

9. Sep 22, 2004 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have no doubt that we can communicate with animals on many levels. Body language tells much. Tsu and I have learned to read cats extremely well, and dogs reasonably well, but I can say that they read me better than I read them; much better. Sometimes I could almost believe that they can read our minds.

10. Sep 22, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I strongly suggest staying out of Buns little head. She's psychotic!!!

11. Sep 22, 2004 #10

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Er, catatonic judging by the avatar.

12. Sep 22, 2004 #11

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I just wanted to repeat an earlier suggestion I made that a better test for psychics is being demonstrated currently on Court TV (Tuesday evenings) with their new series of episodes called "Psychic Detectives." There one can witness how predictions turn out and judge them by results. So far I am really impressed by how well some of the psychics do; if the TV show isn't scamming us, then the results are far better than what guessing could achieve.

13. Sep 22, 2004 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ivan, I think a psycho-kitty mind-meld could only improve my personality. :devil:
    Moonbear, that sheep trick is pretty cool! I thought only border collies could use mind control on sheep. They really do seem to have a supernatural communication - all they do is look at the sheep a certain way and the sheep behave.
    Chronos, you are a true "toaster-whisperer". :tongue:

14. Sep 22, 2004 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

15. Sep 22, 2004 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Moonbear, you kill me!!! :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?