1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Possibilities Maths

  1. Jan 1, 2014 #1
    To bring odd number with a die,is 50%.
    If I play with the die two times,how possibilities I have to bring odd number?
     
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2014 #2
    There would be a 25% chance of getting two odd numbers, 25% chance of two even numbers and a 50% chance of getting one of each. So the probability of getting at least one odd number would be 75%.
     
  4. Jan 1, 2014 #3
    Yea,I am talking about bringing at least one time "odds".
    How we find the 75%?
     
  5. Jan 1, 2014 #4
    Well you can write out all 36 combinations and add them up. Or you can think of it as 100% less the probabability of getting both even which is 100% - 50%x50% = 100%-25%=75%
     
  6. Jan 1, 2014 #5
    So If I undestood good,If I play "3" times,for the same result,I have 83,3333%.

    Right?
     
  7. Jan 1, 2014 #6

    HallsofIvy

    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    No, apparently you didn't understand at all. The probability of getting all three even is [itex](1/2)^3= 1/8= 0.125[/itex] so the probability of "at least one head in three rolls" is [itex]1- 0.125= 0.875[/itex].
     
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook




Similar Discussions: Possibilities Maths
  1. Possible Maths FAQ (Replies: 56)

  2. Is it possible (Replies: 4)

  3. Is This possible? (Replies: 21)

  4. Is this possible! (Replies: 4)

Loading...