Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post a great short prhase w/ attribution.

1. Aug 22, 2009 #1

turbo

Gold Member

I even like the chicken if the sauce is not too blue. ZZtop "TV Dinners"

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2009 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you think that there is a 50% chance that you are right
    There is a 90% probability that you are wrong.

by A. Nonny Mouse

4. Aug 24, 2009 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Aug 24, 2009 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Merge 'em if you like, Ivan. I should have clarified that the thread was for stuff that appeals to you for some reason, but wouldn't really qualify as a "favorite quote" or a great quote. There are lots of clever lines that just ring in my mind (lots from music) that aren't great quotes.

Ex:

I walked in, and my heartbeat jumped
    My hair stood up, and my skin goose-bumped
    My mind went blank, and my IQ slumped
    And my judgment hit the road

Highway 101, "Bing Bang, Boom" - a song about love at first sight.

Clever and hooky, but not real quote-worthy.

6. Aug 25, 2009 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My wife is so skinny that she has to run back and forth in the shower just to get wet - Dean Martin's Uncle.

The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick - try saying that one three times, real fast. :biggrin:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  7. Aug 25, 2009 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gloria: Do you know that 60 percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
    Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better if dey was pushed out of windows?
    ---Carol OConner; All in the Family

A study was done to determine the average number of tactile contacts between husbands and wives [in a public place] as a function of culture. Although the numbers given here are not necessarily accurate they still convey the idea. “Couples from India touched each other an average of fifteen times per hour. Chinese couples touched about twelve times every hour. The French came in at about eight times per hour, and Americans averaged about three times every hour. “As for the British, we are still waiting.” --- Dr. Depak Chopra

“The trouble with our times,” Paul Valéry said, “is that the future is not what it used to be.”

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  8. Aug 25, 2009 #7
  9. Aug 25, 2009 #8
    "I drink myself to sleep, because I'm losing faith"
    Propaghandi

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook