What Are Some Recommended Post A-Level Mathematics Topics?

In summary, the individual has completed their A-level mathematics and studied QM for several months, leading to an interest in Bosonic String theory. However, they would also like to explore other areas of mathematics, such as algebraic topology, number theory, polynomials, and group theory. They are seeking introductory books on these subjects or other post A-level resources. They are already familiar with differential equations and do not need book suggestions on that topic. One recommendation is to read Euclid's Elements for post-GCSE A-level mathematics.
moriheru
I have did my A-level mathematics a long while ago and I did QM for about three to four months and got to Bosonic String theory now, but I would like to do some mathematics beside String theory. I do not know if differential equations are coverd in university but I did them to and I know how to solve them, so please do not suggest books on differential equations. My question is where to go from here. The fields that apeal to me are algebraic topology, number theory, polynomials, group theory. Any introductiory books on these fields or any other post A-level books are welcome.

Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Likes moriheru

1. What is "Post A-level mathematics"?

"Post A-level mathematics" refers to advanced mathematics courses that are typically taken after completing A-levels, which are the final exams taken in the UK at the end of secondary school. These courses cover topics such as calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations.

2. What are the benefits of studying "Post A-level mathematics"?

Studying "Post A-level mathematics" can open up a wide range of career opportunities, as it is a highly valued and sought-after skill in fields such as engineering, finance, and data analysis. It also helps to develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that are useful in many areas of life.

3. Do I need to have taken A-level mathematics to study "Post A-level mathematics"?

While it is highly recommended to have a strong foundation in mathematics, it is not always a requirement to have taken A-level mathematics to study "Post A-level mathematics". Some universities or colleges may offer foundation courses for students who do not have a background in A-level mathematics.

4. What are some common career paths for those who have studied "Post A-level mathematics"?

Graduates with a background in "Post A-level mathematics" can pursue careers in various fields, including engineering, finance, data analysis, computer science, and research. They can also continue their studies in a more specialized area of mathematics, such as applied mathematics or statistics.

5. Are there any online resources available for studying "Post A-level mathematics"?

Yes, there are many online resources such as textbooks, video lectures, and practice problems available for studying "Post A-level mathematics". Some universities and colleges also offer online courses or modules for students who prefer a more flexible learning environment.