Post Count Problem Help Needed

• Thread starter Thallium
  • Start date
In summary, the user has noticed that their post count has been stuck at 179 for a couple of weeks despite having made more posts on the forum. They are requesting help from a moderator or administrator to resolve this issue. It is mentioned that the post count has suddenly changed to 181, but the user believes they should have around 200 posts. Additionally, the user has observed that posts in the "General Discussion" section do not contribute to the post count and they are unable to upload an avatar without paying.
Thallium
According to the number beneeth my name, I have not postd more than 179 posts. That number has been stuck for a couple of weeks and I have left far more posts on this forum than 179. Can the mod/admin help me, please?

It says 179 now. Let us see what happens when I reply to whatever response I get on this thread...

Wait and see...

Physics news on Phys.org
Suddenly it worked. But I have not posted only 181 posts! There should be around 200 now!

https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?f=14"

General Discussion posts do not add to your post count :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also noticed I can't upload an avatar unless I pay, must be a bug in the system :biggrin:

What is the "Post Count Problem"?

The "Post Count Problem" refers to the issue of users on online forums or social media platforms being solely focused on increasing their post count, rather than engaging in meaningful discussions or contributing valuable content.

Why is the "Post Count Problem" a concern?

The "Post Count Problem" can lead to a decrease in the quality of discussions and content on online platforms. It can also create a competitive and toxic environment where users are more focused on increasing their post count rather than engaging in genuine interactions.

What are some potential solutions to the "Post Count Problem"?

Some potential solutions to the "Post Count Problem" include implementing post limits per day, encouraging meaningful discussions and contributions through moderation and incentives, and educating users about the importance of quality over quantity.

How can I personally combat the "Post Count Problem"?

As a user, you can combat the "Post Count Problem" by focusing on quality rather than quantity in your posts, engaging in meaningful discussions, and supporting others who contribute valuable content. You can also report any spam or irrelevant posts to moderators.

Is the "Post Count Problem" a universal issue on all online platforms?

While the "Post Count Problem" is a common issue on many online platforms, it may not be present on all platforms. It depends on the community and the platform's policies and moderation. However, it is a concern that should be addressed to maintain a healthy and productive online environment.