Fix Post Count Not Updating - Get Help at PF

• Thread starter GeekGuru
  • Start date
In summary, there was a discussion about post count not updating for one user and a potential issue with posts in certain sections not contributing to the count. The forum structure may have recently been changed, causing a discrepancy in post count. The issue will be addressed soon.
GeekGuru
Hey everyone at PF! I'm having a bit of trouble with my post count. As of now, it is not updating at all, (at least from what I can see), and no matter how many times I post, the post count still reads 1. Is there anyway I could fix this?

I appreciate everyone's help, in advance :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Posts in general discussion and feedback don't contribute to your post count.

Note: something have changed lately. After changes Greg did to the forum structure Marzena has 9 posts, even if she have never posted outside of General Discussion.

Borek said:
Note: something have changed lately. After changes Greg did to the forum structure Marzena has 9 posts, even if she have never posted outside of General Discussion.

i'll be changing that shortly

Okay! Thanks a lot everyone :) This helps a lot!

1. Why is my post count not updating?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that you are logged in to your account and that you are posting in the correct forum. Also, keep in mind that there may be a delay in the system updating your post count. If you are still experiencing issues, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and if that doesn't work, contact the forum administrators for further assistance.

2. How often does the post count update?

The post count typically updates in real-time, but there may be occasional delays due to server issues or maintenance. If you notice a significant delay in your post count updating, it is best to contact the forum administrators for assistance.

3. Can I manually update my post count?

No, the post count is automatically updated by the system and cannot be manually adjusted by users. If you believe there is an error with your post count, contact the forum administrators for assistance.

4. Will my post count decrease if I delete posts?

Yes, your post count will decrease if you delete posts. This is because the post count is a reflection of the number of posts you have made on the forum. If you delete a post, it is no longer counted towards your total number of posts.

5. Does the post count include deleted posts or posts in private forums?

No, the post count only includes posts in public forums that have not been deleted. Posts in private forums or posts that have been deleted are not counted towards your total post count.