Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post Counts

1. Nov 27, 2005 #1
    My "number of posts" states 358, I know I have posts that are far greater than that, doing a search I can only find postings going back to April05, are posts transfered into archive after 6 months?..or are posts deleted by persons such as mentors during a forum 'sping-clean'?

If there is process of searching threads, ie if the search only scans 6 months, what is the best process for retrieving a post that is within say "physics" forum, do archieved posts stay/..within the catagory it was posted in?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2005 #2

Lisa!

Gold Member

First of all posts in GD doesn't count. So I think you only have 361 posts in other forums. As for finding your posts, you can only find the last 500 posts of any member.(Note that these 500 last posts inculde General discussion posts as well) Hope it would answer your question!

PS And you can find the last 500 threads started by any member.Just need to check their profiles.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  4. Nov 28, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you use the "advanced search" option, you can specify a date range for your search to find older posts.

5. Nov 29, 2005 #4
    I see, I should have explored the interface a little more, thanks Lisa and Moonbear.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?