Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post exam anxiety

1. Sep 14, 2011 #1
    How often do you have post exam anxiety?

I have most often. After I give my exam , i keep on guessing the marks that i will score.
    If the guess oscillates around pass marks, then it makes me more anxious and that harms other exam I give.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2011 #2

rhody

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Sep 14, 2011 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Maybe seeing a councelor or a therapist would do you some good. I'm not saying that you need it, but perhaps you do.

5. Sep 14, 2011 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:wink: I think you mean "affective". I'd like to have an effective disorder - I bet it would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Sep 14, 2011 #5

rhody

Gold Member

Lisa,

That's what I meant, typo, sorry... No flies on any of the crowd that hang here, that's for sure, I will go back and edit it as well.

Rhody...

7. Sep 14, 2011 #6
    I tend to worry a little obsessively about tests after I take them too. Thinking about questions I might have or know I did answer wrong, or realizing correct answers where I put something else or nothing. Fortunately it goes away after I get the exam back, so it's only a few days. Then there's the pre test anxiety... oh well.

8. Sep 14, 2011 #7
    I forget everything about the exam once I finish my exam :surprised

9. Sep 14, 2011 #8
    The other day I turned in an exam and just as I was sitting it on my professors desk I realized that I did not re-substitute back in for u on an integral but it was too late to take it back!

It drove me absolutely crazy for for 3 straight days until I got the grade for it and he only took off one point for the error.

10. Sep 14, 2011 #9
    perhaps I need that .

It's my problem from high school.

my other problems are I make many minor errors. Can you imagine, in a math test I made minor calculation error that worth me 32 marks.

11. Sep 14, 2011 #10
    No I didn't. I am writing right after my 3rd exam out of my 7 exams ( engineering exams)
    I try to fill myself with same idea, but the at the end I go with my habit of anxiety.

12. Sep 14, 2011 #11
    This well-known short prayer comes to mind:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference."

Religion aside, I think the sentiment is relevant. It's a nice word, serene. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook