Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post links

1. Nov 1, 2006 #1
    I like having the 3 links at the top of the page labeled -
    View posts since last visit (I see we already have this)
    View your posts (get back to the threads you're involved in faster)
    View unanswered posts

Yay? Nay?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that one we already have.
    Click on your username in any thread and in the drop-down menu, choose "view more posts by..." That will take you directly to a list of your own posts. Also, you could go into your user CP and set subscriptions so you are automatically subscribed to any post you reply to, then you can view your subscriptions under the "Quick Links" drop down menu at the top.

Do you mean ones you haven't replied to, or ones that nobody has? Either is pretty easy to identify just scanning down the index page. Whenever you reply to a thread, it changes the symbol to a little person (some people think they're bombs...it's hard to tell from the size they are). And, of course, unanswered threads all just have 0 replies in the post count.

4. Nov 2, 2006 #3
    Yeah, I realize we have ways of doing these things, but these links make it faster and easier.

5. Nov 2, 2006 #4
    :eek: It's not a bomb!?! It's hard for people without microscopes to tell, you know. :tongue2:

I've always wanted to ask this...is the size of the bomb...er...little person a function of time? I haven't seen how it changes exactly, but does it change with number of posts, the age of the thread, or what?

6. Nov 2, 2006 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What little bombs? I tried both skins, and all I see are little letter boxes, with some of them on fire and others not on fire.

7. Nov 2, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, it's a black kettle (like a witch's cauldron) and fire is shooting up out of it. That means you've posted in the thread. Then sometimes the entire envelope is in flames, but that means it's hit 500 views.

8. Nov 2, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That "fire" is the head! :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?