Two Pages of Posts, but Only One Showing?!

• Thread starter Pre-AlgebraDude
  • Start date
In summary, posts in the politics forum count toward your overall post count even though it's a subforum in General Discussion.
Pre-AlgebraDude
How come it says I have like one post when I have two pages worth of posts?
No matter how many times I post, I still only have one post! :grumpy: :mad: :confused:

(if this question has already been answered, sorry)

Physics news on Phys.org
Look at the Announcement at the top of GD. :biggrin: Nobody reads the instruction manuals anymore. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait! Where'd the announcement go? I swore it was right there at the top and now I don't see it. :confused:

Anyway, posts in GD don't count toward your post count, only in the serious forums.

lol i was also wondering where this "announcement" was

There used to be one right at the top of GD that was titled something like "Post Counts in General Discussion" that explained this. I don't know when it disappeared or why.

Moonbear said:
There used to be one right at the top of GD that was titled something like "Post Counts in General Discussion" that explained this. I don't know when it disappeared or why.

Someone doesn't agree with you...

Better watch yourself :wink:

I remember seeing it too Moonie. Has it maybe been moved to Feedback?

By the way your post count will go up if you post in the politics forum as well even though it's a subforum in GD.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I remember seeing it too Moonie. Has it maybe been moved to Feedback?
Maybe, I'll go look. [Nope, not there either.] Unless it was just ignored so often, they removed it.

By the way your post count will go up if you post in the politics forum as well even though it's a subforum in GD.
Aha! So that's how Russ manages to have such a high post count! :biggrin: :rofl: I actually hadn't noticed that before. Thanks.

hmm...first the announcement was stolen and then the FBI are on to us. coincidence? i think not

Moonbear said:
serious forums.
wait...you mean...out there?
*stares at door*
*cowers in corner*

1. What does "Two Pages of Posts, but Only One Showing?!" mean?

"Two Pages of Posts, but Only One Showing?!" is a phrase used to describe a common issue on social media platforms where there are multiple pages of posts, but only one page is visible to the user at a time.

2. Why am I only able to see one page of posts on social media?

This is likely due to the way social media platforms organize and display posts. They often use algorithms to determine which posts are most relevant to a user and only show those on the first page. The remaining pages may still be accessible, but they are not as readily visible to the user.

3. How can I view more pages of posts on social media?

You can typically access more pages of posts by clicking on a "Next" or "Load More" button at the bottom of the first page. However, keep in mind that the posts on these additional pages may not be as relevant to your interests as the ones on the first page.

4. Is there a way to see all of the posts on social media without using algorithms?

Some social media platforms offer options to view posts in chronological order, which can give a more complete view of all posts. However, this may not be the default setting and may require some manual adjustments in the platform's settings.

5. Can I control which posts are shown on the first page of social media?

Unfortunately, as a user, you do not have direct control over which posts are shown on the first page of social media. The platform's algorithms determine this based on factors such as your past interactions, trending topics, and popularity of the post.