Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post Taken Down

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sep 30, 2014 #1
    I recently wrote a blog about the Saturn V Rocket and posted it here with a link to the blog where I wrote it (which is in a different forum). The post was taken down as advertising. Is this really Physics Forums policy? Would I have been better off lying and saying something like "I came across this blog and it was interesting". I don't want to lie. I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong here.

I spent days researching and writing the article. No registration is required to view it. Basically I'm saying, I wrote this, I'm proud of it, please look if you're interested. Is trying to make a relevant audience aware of my hard work really considered spam?

Judge for yourselves. Here is a link to the blog:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Unfortunately this new forum version no longer allows blogs and we have a policy not to link to blogs since we have no control over the content. I understand how you feel. It's not a critique of your blog

Closed pending moderation discussion.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Sep 30, 2014 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

If it makes you feel better - link would get deleted for exactly the same reasons Evo posted above. We do our best to be consistent about the way forum is moderated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook