Posting with Firefox? IE Works for Here

• Thread starter stevexwhites
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, the main difference between posting with Firefox and IE is the web browser being used, which can lead to differences in how posts are displayed and the overall user experience. Firefox may have trouble posting on certain websites due to compatibility issues, but in general, it can be used to post on any website. To optimize Firefox for posting, suggestions include clearing the cache and cookies, updating to the latest version, and disabling add-ons. If troubleshooting is needed, steps such as clearing cache and cookies, updating Firefox, disabling add-ons, and checking for network or server issues can be taken.
stevexwhites
For some reason only ie works when posting here

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm in FF right now, and it works just fine. Chrome and Opera work fine too.

Running firefox myself and I've never had any trouble.

stevexwhites said:
For some reason only ie works when posting here
If you want to fix it, it would be helpful to describe the symptoms. What version of Firefox are you using, how does it not work, etc.

.There could be a few reasons why Internet Explorer may be the only browser that works for posting on this particular platform. It's possible that the website is optimized for Internet Explorer and may not function as well on other browsers. It could also be due to a compatibility issue with the other browser, or there may be a technical issue with your Firefox browser that is preventing it from functioning properly on this website. I would recommend trying to troubleshoot the issue by clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your Firefox browser, or trying to access the website on a different device. It's also important to keep in mind that different browsers may have different settings and configurations that could affect their performance on certain websites. Ultimately, it would be beneficial to reach out to the website's technical support team for further assistance in resolving this issue.

What is the difference between posting with Firefox and IE?

The main difference between posting with Firefox and IE is the web browser being used. Firefox and IE are two different web browsers with their own unique features and capabilities. This can result in differences in how posts are displayed and the overall user experience.

Why does Firefox sometimes have trouble posting on certain websites?

Some websites may be designed to work better with certain web browsers, such as IE. This can lead to compatibility issues with Firefox, causing trouble when trying to post on these websites. It is recommended to check the website's compatibility with Firefox before attempting to post.

Can I use Firefox to post on any website?

In general, yes, you can use Firefox to post on any website. However, there may be rare cases where a website is not compatible with Firefox. In these cases, it may be necessary to use a different web browser, such as IE, to successfully post on the website.

Is there a way to optimize Firefox for posting on websites?

Yes, there are various ways to optimize Firefox for posting on websites. Some suggestions include clearing the cache and cookies, updating to the latest version of Firefox, and disabling any add-ons or extensions that may be causing compatibility issues.

How can I troubleshoot posting issues with Firefox?

If you are experiencing issues with posting on websites using Firefox, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot. These include clearing the cache and cookies, updating Firefox to the latest version, disabling add-ons or extensions, and checking for any network or server issues that may be causing the problem.