What's Your Desktop Background?

• Thread starter economy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desktop
In summary, Dave has a desktop background that is similar to one that I have. We have different locales featured in the background, but they are both scenic shots of the US.
economy

Attachments

• Desktop.png
    Desktop.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 386
Physics news on Phys.org
We have a picture of the same thing. Mines in IR.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap051020.html
1024px-Andromeda_galaxy_Ssc2005-20a1.jpg

EDIT: All right this is mildly creepy. You have the same avatar as I do on another forum. ALL HAIL CAFFEINE!

Last edited:
I have a rotating series of backgrounds on the same general theme. Here's one of them:

screenshot.jpg

A photo of one of our local volcanoes, Mt St Helens, very similar to this:

Mount-Saint-Helens-from-Johnston-Ridge-State-of-Washington-United-States-7-31-2007.jpg

Likes edward and davenn
upload_2015-10-29_11-31-4.png
my work computer
it and the home one pretty much always display either astro or storm images
This one is the bubble nebulaDave

Last edited:
502753.jpg

It's a wallpaper from the game "Darkest Dungeon"

Have to double this one up because the original is ~square. It's a giant solar flare. In just the 2D area enclosed by the flare, you could fit 100 Earths.

double flare.jpg

Likes davenn
lisab said:
A photo of one of our local volcanoes, Mt St Helens, very similar to this:
Sweet, lisab, I really love that NW part of the USA and into Canada
Have been to Mt St Helens a couple of times 2000 and 2006

mt_st_helens02.JPG

060502 (3281) Mt St Helens WA.jpg
Dave

Likes lisab
GL-2002-001485_small.jpg

http://blog.al.com/space-news/2009/04/pleiades_aao_big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes davenn
l5ddj12fn4p9fhhrhz6i.jpg

Riding bikes along the Alameda Creek Trail headed for Niles Canyon (back when the hills were green)...:smile:
Green Niles Hills.jpg

Likes phinds
I used to decorate my desktop with colorful wallpapers but after leaving college I have always been using a solid black color, even for the computers at work.

<3 The View, so
Desktop-PF_zpszeuquffm.jpg

had this one for a while now
Slika nove bitne slike.jpg

upload_2015-10-30_21-6-48.png

Gotta get in some Tesla Motors love! :)

1. What is the purpose of "Post your desktop background" in scientific research?

The purpose of "Post your desktop background" is to gather data on the types of desktop backgrounds that individuals in the scientific community prefer. This can provide insights into their interests, personality traits, and potential biases.

2. How is the data collected for "Post your desktop background" analyzed?

The data collected for "Post your desktop background" is typically analyzed using statistical methods such as frequency analysis and correlation analysis. This allows researchers to identify patterns and relationships between different types of desktop backgrounds and the characteristics of the individuals who choose them.

3. What can the results of "Post your desktop background" tell us about the scientific community?

The results of "Post your desktop background" can provide insights into the interests, personalities, and potential biases of the scientific community. It can also reveal any trends or commonalities among scientists in terms of their desktop backgrounds.

4. How can "Post your desktop background" be used to improve scientific research?

By understanding the preferences and characteristics of scientists through "Post your desktop background", researchers can better tailor their studies and experiments to the scientific community. This can help to ensure that research is more relevant and useful to the intended audience.

5. Are there any ethical concerns regarding "Post your desktop background" in scientific research?

There may be some ethical concerns regarding the collection and analysis of data from "Post your desktop background". It is important for researchers to obtain informed consent from participants and to protect their privacy and confidentiality. Researchers should also be mindful of any potential biases in the data and account for them in their analysis.