What's Your Fall 07 Schedule at UA?

In summary, this person is finishing their undergraduate degree in the fall and is planning to do an aerospace engineering type specialization with mechanics. They are also taking classes such as Vehicle Dynamics, Flight Dynamics, Aircraft Flight Testing, and Computer-Aided Design.
Modern Physics II
Modern Physics Lab I (3 hour lab...yikes!)
Senior Seminar (only 1 credit, no homework)
Abstract Algebra
Analysis
Existentialism
First Year Arabic (Pass/Fail just for fun :cool:)

I can't believe this will be my last year already, but on the other hand, it's about time too!

Physics news on Phys.org
dontdisturbmycircles said:
No, it is a Canadian university :)

Engineering 201 H(3-1.5T-3/2)
Behaviour of Liquids, Gases and Solids
An introduction to the behaviour of fluids and solids; phase transformations, the phase rule and phase diagrams. Ideal and real gases; equations of state and their engineering applications; simple kinetic theory; transport properties of fluids. Liquid state; vapor pressure; shear behaviour; flow of fluids in pipelines. Solids; crystalline and non-crystalline structure; non equilibrium solid phases; electrical and thermal conductivity; dislocations; stress and strain; creep; fracture.

Could you give me a sample American first year engineering curriculum?

well, what is your major? It looks like you are ME?

No anyone who wants to be an engineer up here takes the courses I posted (plus 5 others : General Chem, multivariable calc, design n communication II, E&M, and a programming course) in the first year. Then after your first year you declare your major. I will prolly be going ME or EE, we'll see. :)

I just added intro to engineering onto my schedule :)

That schedule sucks. You want to be finished as early in the day as possible. 11:30-2:30 is going to be wasted time, because no one really studies between classes like that. It always gets wasted hanging out with friends between classes.

Its better to have one class after the other. Then you just get done with it and go home.

You have a LOT of wasted time between classes.

Watch, you lose this much time each day:

M: 3hr:30min
T: 30min
W: 3hr:30min
Th:30min
F: 1hr

Thats about 10 hours a week wasted between classes doing nothing.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:

I know. I didn't have many choices in regards to what time I have classes at. This is the only way to get my classes to fit together. I still check every so often to see if any classes opened up so that I would be able to switch a few things around. Unfortunately, moving one thing causes a conflict with another, and so forth.

Just spend that time talking to girls (not the ones in engineering though, ughhh). :wink:

That reminds me... I recently had orientation and in that we had college specific meetings. The girls at the college of science and college of engineering meetings were mostly :uhh:

That is why you are required to take Psychology, English Lit, and other classes :smile:

mattmns said:
That is why you are required to take Psychology, English Lit, and other classes :smile:

Haha!:smile:

moose said:
That reminds me... I recently had orientation and in that we had college specific meetings. The girls at the college of science and college of engineering meetings were mostly :uhh:

Less distractions during class.

moose said:

Too hot to care about you?:tongue:

Lisa! said:
Too hot to care about you?:tongue:

Haha, well said, Lisa!

Honestly though, I couldn't tell you if that is the case since most of them usually have their nose buried in a book, so I can't tell:rofl:

moose said:

Hey, quit complaining. At least your school of engineering has girls...

Nuclear Waste Management
Nuclear Reactor Design
Medical Physics
Radiopharmaceuticals (OK, I don't really need this one, but figure I might as well take it anyway)
Radiobiology

daveb said:
Nuclear Waste Management
Nuclear Reactor Design
Medical Physics
Radiopharmaceuticals (OK, I don't really need this one, but figure I might as well take it anyway)
Radiobiology

Where are you studying, Dave? I am almost done with my BS in Cog Sci at UCLA - eight more classes to go!

Wow, we have a lot of people graduating this year (or that are very close). Add me to that list :smile: Unless I am unable to attend school for some strange reason I should graduate in the Spring with a B.S. in Pure Math.

Will be starting second year of Mechanical Engineering. I am taking vector calc and Diffeq now (summer semester), so during the fall I only have to take:

materials I
kinem/dyn/mech of rigid bodies
deformable bodies I
thermodynamics I

If I decide to double major in math (which is looking likely), I will also be taking:

intro to analysis I
linear algebra II

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Where are you studying, Dave? I am almost done with my BS in Cog Sci at UCLA - eight more classes to go!

I'm at Ohio State right now. I finished UCLA back in 2003, and moved to Columbus 2 years ago when work moved me here.

Math Is Hard said:

I have eight more classes to go too!

mattmns said:
Wow, we have a lot of people graduating this year (or that are very close). Add me to that list :smile: Unless I am unable to attend school for some strange reason I should graduate in the Spring with a B.S. in Pure Math.

Jason Rox said:
I have eight more classes to go too!

We are going to have a huge PF graduation party in the Spring! :cool:

daveb said:
I'm at Ohio State right now. I finished UCLA back in 2003, and moved to Columbus 2 years ago when work moved me here.

Sorry you had to miss UCLA's amazing victory against the Trojans last year!

So, are you still working while going to school? Which program are you in?

Yes, I'm still working full time as a health physicist and school full time for a nuclear engineer masters (specialty radiation protection and medical physics, naturally). Assuming I can figure out a decent thesis and finish it, I should graduate this spring as well. I may go on to a second masters in physics as well (yeah, I'm a masochist!)

For sure I'll be taking Math Methods I. I'm uncertain as to how I'll take the other 3 classes, whether they be engineering or math classes. And I'll be attending at daveb and mathishard's school, UCLA
I'll most likely end up taking:
Physics - Math Methods
Math - Linear Algebra (upperdiv)
Math - Systems of DEs
MechEng - Statics

proton said:
Physics - Math Methods

If you can manage to take this class from Dr. Gelmini, I highly recommend her.

miao, j is teaching it. do you know him or her?

OK, I waited a bit because I was in the process of registering a final class. Here's my schedule:

E MCH 210 Statics & Structures of Materials (5 cr.)
GEOG 122 The American Scene (dumb general education course) (3 cr.)
MATH 230 Calculus III with Vector Analysis (4 cr.)
MUSIC 50 Beginner Piano for Non-Music Majors (1 cr.)
PHYS 212 Electricity & Magnetism with Lab (4 cr.)

Methinks I'll be a bit busy.

EEN205 principles of electrical engineering
MAE202 dynamics
MAE241 measurements lab lect
MAE241 measurements lab lab
MAE301 materials science
MAE302 mechanical behavior of materials lect
MAE302 mechanical behavior of materials lab
MAE303 thermodynamics

recently transferred to mechanical from math/civil so I am catching up

z-component said:
OK, I waited a bit because I was in the process of registering a final class. Here's my schedule:

E MCH 210 Statics & Structures of Materials (5 cr.)
GEOG 122 The American Scene (dumb general education course) (3 cr.)
MATH 230 Calculus III with Vector Analysis (4 cr.)
MUSIC 50 Beginner Piano for Non-Music Majors (1 cr.)
PHYS 212 Electricity & Magnetism with Lab (4 cr.)

Methinks I'll be a bit busy.

Can you take statics and Mechanics as separate courses? Id prefer to see you taking both of them. They tend to gloss over and skip things when they combine courses, that or its rush rush rush.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Can you take statics and Mechanics as separate courses? Id prefer to see you taking both of them. They tend to gloss over and skip things when they combine courses, that or its rush rush rush.
I can take Dynamics and Strengths of Materials separately, but right now it's a little late to switch. A significant amount is skipped, usually?

Well, statics and MoM are really going to be the foundation for all your other courses later on. Everything will build on top of these courses. I took them separately. I think its really worth it to take them one each semester. Vibrations, Aerodynamics, Material Science, Dynamics. All these classes will be a continuation of Statics and MoM. If you can spend the time to master these two classes, life will be a LOT easier. Most people who struggle later on usually have weak backgrounds in statics. For statics get Hibbeler and Beer-Johnson and know them both cover to cover. I spent an entire summer working through every problem in Hibbeler's statics, you should really consider doing the same after you finish the course and have free time. You will pick up the skill on how to recognize tricks to solving problems and will make you good at realizing when to play geometric tricks.

Last edited:
My current schedule:

Chem1110: University Chemistry 1
MA1161: Calculus 1
PH1100: Physics Lab
ENG1101: Engineering Problem Solving and Analysis

14:332:361 - Electronic Devices
14:332:363 - Electronic Devices Lab
14:332:345 - Linear Signals & Systems
14:332:347 - Linear Signals & Systems Lab
14:332:321 - Probability and Random Processes
01:830:303 - Memory (Psychology class)

Applied Engineering Math/ PDE's
Machine Design
Design For Manufacturing
Material Science
Mat Sci Lab [4 hours :cry:]
Machining Operations [yeah cnc mills! :rofl:]
Tech Communications

probably will have to apply for overload and take some gen ed.
Thinking microeconomics.

<h2>1. What classes are being offered at UA for Fall 07?</h2><p>The Fall 07 schedule at UA includes a wide range of classes in various subjects such as English, Math, Science, History, and more. You can find a complete list of classes on the university's website or by checking the course catalog.</p><h2>2. How do I register for classes at UA for Fall 07?</h2><p>To register for classes at UA for Fall 07, you will need to log into your student portal and follow the registration instructions. Make sure to have your desired classes and backup options ready in case your first choices are full. You can also meet with an academic advisor for assistance with registration.</p><h2>3. Are there any new classes being offered at UA for Fall 07?</h2><p>Yes, there are always new classes being offered at UA each semester. It is best to check the course catalog or speak with an academic advisor to see if there are any new classes that interest you and fit into your schedule for Fall 07.</p><h2>4. Can I change my Fall 07 schedule after I have registered?</h2><p>Yes, you can make changes to your Fall 07 schedule after you have registered. However, there may be a deadline for adding or dropping classes, so it is important to check with your university's policies and deadlines. You may also need to meet with an academic advisor to make changes to your schedule.</p><h2>5. How can I view my Fall 07 schedule at UA?</h2><p>To view your Fall 07 schedule at UA, you can log into your student portal and access your class schedule. You can also print or save a copy of your schedule for your records. If you have any issues accessing your schedule, you can contact the university's registrar office for assistance.</p>

1. What classes are being offered at UA for Fall 07?

The Fall 07 schedule at UA includes a wide range of classes in various subjects such as English, Math, Science, History, and more. You can find a complete list of classes on the university's website or by checking the course catalog.

2. How do I register for classes at UA for Fall 07?

To register for classes at UA for Fall 07, you will need to log into your student portal and follow the registration instructions. Make sure to have your desired classes and backup options ready in case your first choices are full. You can also meet with an academic advisor for assistance with registration.

3. Are there any new classes being offered at UA for Fall 07?

Yes, there are always new classes being offered at UA each semester. It is best to check the course catalog or speak with an academic advisor to see if there are any new classes that interest you and fit into your schedule for Fall 07.

4. Can I change my Fall 07 schedule after I have registered?

Yes, you can make changes to your Fall 07 schedule after you have registered. However, there may be a deadline for adding or dropping classes, so it is important to check with your university's policies and deadlines. You may also need to meet with an academic advisor to make changes to your schedule.

5. How can I view my Fall 07 schedule at UA?

To view your Fall 07 schedule at UA, you can log into your student portal and access your class schedule. You can also print or save a copy of your schedule for your records. If you have any issues accessing your schedule, you can contact the university's registrar office for assistance.