Forum Posting Etiquette: A Flash Video Tutorial

In summary, the flash video talks about how to post in a forum so that you don't get rejected and your thread is more popular. The video is funny and even though most of the people here are good posters, I decided to contribute.
Mattara
I have recently come across a very exciting and intersting flash video about posting and the correct posting behaviour in a forum. It is pretty funny made and even though I know most of the people here are extreemely good posters I though I'd make a contribution.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Physics news on Phys.org
When I posted this here, everyone said it was lame...

Oh, did you post it before?

hmm...yep. But your thread has more posts...

I am a veteral forum poster with many years and websites of experience under my belt.

yomamma said:
When I posted this here, everyone said it was lame...
That's because you didn't read the sticky ... but that's understandable. Since you posted it in the ergonomic kinematics forum, and the sticky was in the technology and development forum, you probably missed it.

Explamition I am mathmatical form
[tex] P = C_oqs \frac {WTF}{M}1337 - (T-S) [/tex]
where:
[tex]P=[/tex]post
[tex]C_oqs=[/tex] Contribtion oppion, quistion, or just somthing to
[tex]WTF=[/tex] you should know and if you don't, just don't ask
[tex] M=[/tex] mod
[tex]1337[/tex] 1337 teh n3t l4anguge 1f y0u d0n't und3erstand th1s tehn y0ur a n00b
[tex]T[/tex] theards that arleady been started about this
[tex]S[/tex] the search engine and how much has it been used

scott1 said:
Explamition I am mathmatical form
[tex] P = C_oqs \frac {WTF}{M}1337 - (T-S) [/tex]
where:
[tex]P=[/tex]post
[tex]C_oqs=[/tex] Contribtion oppion, quistion, or just somthing to
[tex]WTF=[/tex] you should know and if you don't, just don't ask
[tex] M=[/tex] mod
[tex]1337[/tex] 1337 teh n3t l4anguge 1f y0u d0n't und3erstand th1s tehn y0ur a n00b
[tex]T[/tex] theards that arleady been started about this
[tex]S[/tex] the search engine and how much has it been used
I don't think I'll evergetthis webspeak. Why are all words longer than six letters in length deliberately misspelled ?

1. What is forum posting etiquette?

Forum posting etiquette refers to the set of rules and guidelines that should be followed when participating in online forums. These guidelines are put in place to ensure respectful and productive discussions among forum members.

2. Why is forum posting etiquette important?

Forum posting etiquette is important because it helps maintain a positive and respectful environment for all forum members. It also ensures that discussions stay on topic and do not devolve into personal attacks or spam.

3. What are some common examples of forum posting etiquette?

Some common examples of forum posting etiquette include using proper grammar and spelling, staying on topic, avoiding personal attacks or offensive language, and respecting the opinions of others.

4. What are some consequences of not following forum posting etiquette?

Not following forum posting etiquette can lead to your posts being deleted, being banned from the forum, or damaging your reputation among other forum members. It can also create a negative and unproductive atmosphere within the forum.

5. Are there any specific etiquette guidelines for posting videos on forums?

Yes, when posting a video on a forum, it is important to follow the forum's guidelines for video content. This may include providing a brief description or summary of the video, using appropriate tags, and avoiding posting excessively long videos. It is also important to respect any copyrights or ownership of the video content.