Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Posting problems

1. Oct 15, 2004 #1
    Hi!

Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with the PC's at my campus...

Everytime I click on a link on the PF website, my user details reset and I can't post again until I login AGAIN! It's getting a bit annoying!

Any help??

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2004 #2
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Okay, it seems nobody can help me! Anyway, STILL having the problem of the computer logging me off everytime a new page loads. It is REALLY getting annoying coz I really wanna post some stuff!!! PF Mentors, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Oct 21, 2004 #3
    do you have cookies enabled for your browser?

5. Oct 29, 2004 #4
    Thanks for the suggestion - I conatacted my system admin BUT I still got the problem.

It seems that my PC logs me off on every new screen when I log in a don't check the box that says "remember me." I can post fine when I check it and log on but...SECURITY!!! I use computers at varsity which are public computers and I'd rather not check that box! Any help??

6. Oct 29, 2004 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Even if you click the "remember me" button, clicking the "logout" button removes all your cookies. It won't remember you after you explicitly log out.

- Warren

7. Oct 29, 2004 #6
    hmm...hope it works then!

Thanks! Now I can post in peace...

8. Nov 24, 2004 #7
    How can I add pictures to my post?
    Why does a quote often not capture all of the previous post?

9. Nov 25, 2004 #8
    Cascading quotes

The only text not captured by the quote button is text that was quoted in the message you are quoting. When you see me post cascading quotes, I had to assemble those by hand.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?