Posting Problems on PF Website - Help Needed!

• Thread starter Shahil
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a user experiencing difficulties with their PC constantly logging them off when trying to post on a forum. Despite suggestions and attempts to fix the issue, it continued to persist. The conversation then shifted to discussing the function of quoting in forum posts.
Shahil
Hi!

Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with the PC's at my campus...

Everytime I click on a link on the PF website, my user details reset and I can't post again until I login AGAIN! It's getting a bit annoying!

Any help??

Physics news on Phys.org
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Okay, it seems nobody can help me! Anyway, STILL having the problem of the computer logging me off everytime a new page loads. It is REALLY getting annoying coz I really want to post some stuff! PF Mentors, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

do you have cookies enabled for your browser?

Thanks for the suggestion - I conatacted my system admin BUT I still got the problem.

It seems that my PC logs me off on every new screen when I log in a don't check the box that says "remember me." I can post fine when I check it and log on but...SECURITY! I use computers at varsity which are public computers and I'd rather not check that box! Any help??

Even if you click the "remember me" button, clicking the "logout" button removes all your cookies. It won't remember you after you explicitly log out.

- Warren

hmm...hope it works then!

Thanks! Now I can post in peace...

How can I add pictures to my post?
Why does a quote often not capture all of the previous post?

Cascading quotes

CharlesP said:
Why does a quote often not capture all of the previous post?
The only text not captured by the quote button is text that was quoted in the message you are quoting. When you see me post cascading quotes, I had to assemble those by hand.

1. What is the purpose of posting problems on the PF website?

The purpose of posting problems on the PF website is to seek help and solutions from a community of knowledgeable individuals who have a passion for science and mathematics. By posting problems, you can get different perspectives and approaches to solving the problem, leading to a better understanding of the concept.

2. How do I post a problem on the PF website?

To post a problem on the PF website, you need to create an account and log in. Then, navigate to the appropriate forum section for your problem (e.g. physics, chemistry, mathematics). Click on the "New Thread" button and fill in the necessary information such as the problem statement, any relevant equations or diagrams, and your attempted solution. Finally, click on "Post Thread" to submit your problem.

3. Can I post problems from any subject on the PF website?

Yes, you can post problems from a wide range of subjects on the PF website, as long as they fall under the categories of physics, chemistry, or mathematics. This includes topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, organic chemistry, calculus, and linear algebra, among others.

4. How long does it take to get a response to my posted problem?

The response time for posted problems on the PF website varies depending on the difficulty of the problem, the expertise of the community members, and the level of activity on the forum. It could range from a few minutes to a few days. If you need urgent help, you can mention it in your post to attract more attention.

5. Can I post homework problems on the PF website?

Yes, you can post homework problems on the PF website, but it is important to follow the forum guidelines and not simply ask for answers. You should show your attempt at solving the problem and ask for guidance or explanations on specific concepts or steps that you are struggling with. This will help you learn and improve your problem-solving skills.