Postings count freeze

  • Thread starter Daminc
  • Start date
  • #1
Daminc
39
0
It seems as if the posting score is no longer functioning. Is that actually the case?
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1,185
5
Posts in General Discussion aren't added to your postcount.
 
  • #3
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
5,088
10
Why does the number of posts you have seem to matter to so many people?
 
  • #4
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,739
7
FredGarvin said:
Why does the number of posts you have seem to matter to so many people?

I've got more than yoo-hoo! Ner ne ner ne nerr nerr! :tongue2:
 
  • #5
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
5,088
10
Dargh!
 
  • #6
TheStatutoryApe
260
4
I hadn't even realized at first that my post count wasn't going up when I was here until after I read Evo explaining it somewhere. It was just recently that I realized post counts do go up in the Politics forum.
 
  • #7
Evo
Mentor
23,924
3,261
TheStatutoryApe said:
I hadn't even realized at first that my post count wasn't going up when I was here until after I read Evo explaining it somewhere. It was just recently that I realized post counts do go up in the Politics forum.
I do not understand why posts in politics count. :bugeye:
 
  • #8
JamesU
Gold Member
805
3
what's the purpouse of post count?
 
  • #9
TheStatutoryApe
260
4
Evo said:
I do not understand why posts in politics count. :bugeye:
While it's often a bunch of bickering the subject matter is usually more serious than here in GD.

yomamma said:
what's the purpouse of post count?
It gives you a rough idea of how involved a person is in the forum.
 
  • #10
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,828
53
yomamma said:
what's the purpouse of post count?
In a previous version of PF, there were little titles under people's member names that also reflected certain "levels" of post counts. I guess people considered it a badge of honor or something.

I'm not sure either why posts in Politics count. I thought as a subforum of GD they wouldn't count. Russ_Watters must have lobbied for that one. :biggrin:
 
  • #11
zoobyshoe
6,551
1,287
Evo said:
I do not understand why posts in politics count. :bugeye:
I do not understand why posts in Philosophy aren't subtracted from the total count.
 
  • #12
Daminc
39
0
matthyaouw said:
Posts in General Discussion aren't added to your postcount.
Cheers for the answer. That makes sense :biggrin:
 
  • #13
Smurf
396
3
brewnog said:
I've got more than yoo-hoo! Ner ne ner ne nerr nerr! :tongue2:
I've got more than you loo-hooo-sor!

Roxxorz
 
  • #14
Smurf
396
3
TheStatutoryApe said:
It gives you a rough idea of how involved a person is in the forum.
or how spammy they are. *cough*yourdadonapogostick*cough*
 
  • #15
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,828
53
zoobyshoe said:
I do not understand why posts in Philosophy aren't subtracted from the total count.
:rofl: :rofl:
 

Suggested for: Postings count freeze

Replies
33
Views
2K
Replies
6
Views
312
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
460
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
546
  • Last Post
Replies
12
Views
469
Replies
31
Views
3K
Replies
4
Views
318
  • Last Post
Replies
22
Views
517
Replies
24
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
385
Top