Posts in member awards forum

• Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
Dembadon
Gold Member
Posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing my post count. Is this intended? I thought posts made in the Lounge area weren't supposed to count towards one's total.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing my post count. Is this intended? I thought posts made in the Lounge area weren't supposed to count towards one's total.
Greg probably didn't disable post count. Unless you plan to spam the Awards, just accept them. :tongue: I believe that when the comments get deleted after the awards, they'll disappear.

<sticks a GOOBF card into Dembadon's computer for being honest> I hadn't even noticed.

Dembadon
Gold Member
Gotcha. Thanks! =]

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
What do you think of making awards restricted to people who have not won them before?

What do you think of making awards restricted to people who have not won them before?
Staff has talked about it and we'll do exactly that next year :)

Dembadon
Gold Member
I'm necro'ing my old post because I believe my new issue is sufficiently similar.

On August 23rd (+/- two days), my post count was 559. Now it is 566, and I have no idea how this happened. I don't believe I've made enough posts in forums that increase one's post count to make this possible.

Evo
Mentor
I'm necro'ing my old post because I believe my new issue is sufficiently similar.

On August 23rd (+/- two days), my post count was 559. Now it is 566, and I have no idea how this happened. I don't believe I've made enough posts in forums that increase one's post count to make this possible.
Sometimes threads get moved, if you posted in a thread in GD which was moved to a forum where posts count, your post count would increase. Reported posts also count.

Dembadon
Gold Member
Sometimes threads get moved, if you posted in a thread in GD which was moved to a forum where posts count, your post count would increase. Reported posts also count.
Doh, can't believe I didn't think of that. :redface:

Edit:

Reported posts also count.
Posts I report, or posts I've made that are reported by others?

Last edited:
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Posts I report, or posts I've made that are reported by others?
The former.