Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Posts in member awards forum

1. Dec 1, 2011 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

Posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing my post count. Is this intended? I thought posts made in the Lounge area weren't supposed to count towards one's total.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Greg probably didn't disable post count. Unless you plan to spam the Awards, just accept them. :tongue: I believe that when the comments get deleted after the awards, they'll disappear.

<sticks a GOOBF card into Dembadon's computer for being honest> I hadn't even noticed.

4. Dec 1, 2011 #3

Dembadon

Gold Member

Gotcha. Thanks! =]

5. Dec 7, 2011 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you think of making awards restricted to people who have not won them before?

6. Dec 7, 2011 #5
    Staff has talked about it and we'll do exactly that next year :)

7. Aug 28, 2012 #6

Dembadon

Gold Member

I'm necro'ing my old post because I believe my new issue is sufficiently similar.

On August 23rd (+/- two days), my post count was 559. Now it is 566, and I have no idea how this happened. I don't believe I've made enough posts in forums that increase one's post count to make this possible.

8. Aug 28, 2012 #7

Evo

Sometimes threads get moved, if you posted in a thread in GD which was moved to a forum where posts count, your post count would increase. Reported posts also count.

9. Aug 28, 2012 #8

Dembadon

Gold Member

Doh, can't believe I didn't think of that. :redface:

Edit:

Posts I report, or posts I've made that are reported by others?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  10. Aug 28, 2012 #9

Ryan_m_b

The former.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook