1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Potential divider and sensor related help

1. Nov 6, 2005 #1
    Hi everyone, i am new to these boards so sorry if this thread has gone in the wrong section:shy:

So i need help for the following, in the near future i will be expected to do a sensor coursework in which I am expected to build and test a sensor. examples of this sort of a task could be the liquid level based on flotation and a rotary potentiometer, the angulart position od a door as it opens/closes or airflow from a fan with a hot wire anemometer. We should also obviously involve potential dividers in the coursework.

Now what i need help on is two things, firstly being that although i know that a potential divider is a series circuits with one variable resistor and one fixed resistor however i am not 100% on its actual use and relevance.

Secondly my other problem is that i am not conmfident in doing any of the tasks that i have thought of, i am looking to do preferably one of the above three mentioned however i was looking for help on how the circuit would be set or if anyone had any particularly good ideas that i havent mentioned.

Thanks for all your help.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?