Potential for semi-circle

• Thread starter brad sue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Potential
In summary, the potential for semi-circle is a mathematical concept that refers to the likelihood of a semi-circle occurring in a system. It can be influenced by factors such as the system's shape and size, forces acting on it, and boundaries present. The calculation of potential for semi-circle involves considering relevant variables and using mathematical equations. This concept has applications in physics, engineering, and economics, and can be manipulated by changing the system's variables and factors.
brad sue
I have this problem for homework and I would like to check my work:

Charges are distribyted with uniform charge density (lambda)along a semi circle of radius R, centered at the origin of a coordinate system.
What is the potential at the origin?

I did this:
dV=k*dq/R where k=1/4*pi*(epsilon 0)

but dq=(lambda)*R*d(theta) theta is the small angle between two position on the semi circle.

pi
then V =| k*(lambda)*R*d(theta) / R (integral from 0 to pi)
After computation I found: V=(lambda)/(4*epsilon 0)

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks ok.
---------

for sharing your work and question. I believe your approach to solving this problem is correct. By using the equation for potential (V=k*q/r), where k is the Coulomb constant and q is the charge, and integrating over the semi circle with a small angle d(theta), you can find the potential at the origin. This is a good application of the concept of charge density, which represents the amount of charge per unit area. By considering the charge density along the semi circle, you were able to find the total charge and use it in the potential equation. Your final answer of V=(lambda)/(4*epsilon 0) is correct. Keep up the good work!

What is the definition of "Potential for semi-circle"?

The potential for semi-circle is a mathematical concept that refers to the possibility or likelihood that a semi-circle will occur in a given situation or system.

What factors influence the potential for semi-circle?

The potential for semi-circle can be influenced by various factors, such as the shape and size of the system, the forces acting on it, and any constraints or boundaries present.

How is the potential for semi-circle calculated?

The potential for semi-circle is typically calculated using mathematical equations that take into account the relevant variables and factors affecting the system.

What are some real-world applications of the concept of potential for semi-circle?

The concept of potential for semi-circle has various applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. For example, it can be used to predict the likelihood of certain events occurring in a physical system or to analyze the potential profitability of a business venture.

Can the potential for semi-circle be changed or manipulated?

Yes, the potential for semi-circle can be influenced and altered by changing the variables and factors that affect the system. This can be done through various methods, such as adjusting the forces acting on the system or changing its constraints or boundaries.