Realizing Potential: Eliminating Fields for Real Potential

• Thread starter emanaly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Potential
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential with two fields, psi and phi, that have a phase Exp(itheta). The question asks how to make the potential "real" by getting rid of the imaginary part. However, there is confusion about what is meant by "real" and more context is needed in order to fully understand the question. In the end, the issue is resolved and the conversation concludes with thanking the other person for their help.
emanaly
If we have a potential with two fields psi and phi with a phase Exp(itheta) , how can we get rid of the field in order for the potential to be real?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your question is not really clear. The notation [tex]e^{i \theta}[/tex] represents a field that is oscillating at some frequency and has a phase offset from some reference phase. What do you mean to make the potential "real"? You want to make it DC instead of AC?

berkeman said:
Your question is not really clear. The notation [tex]e^{i \theta}[/tex] represents a field that is oscillating at some frequency and has a phase offset from some reference phase. What do you mean to make the potential "real"? You want to make it DC instead of AC?

Sorry , may be I was not clear enough, but I mean by the potential, the one which appear in quantum field theory

emanaly said:
Sorry , may be I was not clear enough, but I mean by the potential, the one which appear in quantum field theory

Oopsies, sorry for my misinterpretation. I'm of no help on QFT. :blushing:

emanaly said:

I had someone who does understand QFT look at your question, and he doesn't understand what you are asking. Could you please provide more of a context for the question, and more details about the question?

berkeman said:
I had someone who does understand QFT look at your question, and he doesn't understand what you are asking. Could you please provide more of a context for the question, and more details about the question?

Thank you for your effort bereman
The potential is as follow:V=Psi Phi Exp(itheta) in order for the potential to be real, we should get rid of the imaginery part , how can we do that?
Thanks again

emanaly said:
Thank you for your effort bereman
The potential is as follow:V=Psi Phi Exp(itheta) in order for the potential to be real, we should get rid of the imaginery part , how can we do that?
Thanks again

I'm glad to try to help out. But what you've posted there is pretty much just a repeat of your original post. Could you please provide more context? What is the course, what is the textbook, what similar questions are from the same section of this course? Can you provide a physical example where this question would apply?

Thank you berkeman for all what have you done.
The problem by the grace of God had been solved

1. What is the significance of eliminating fields for realizing potential?

Eliminating fields can help to remove obstacles and distractions that may hinder someone from reaching their full potential. By eliminating these barriers, individuals can focus on their strengths and talents, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.

2. How can eliminating fields help in realizing potential?

Eliminating fields can help in realizing potential by creating a clear path towards a goal. When there are too many options or distractions, it can be challenging to determine where to focus one's energy. By eliminating unnecessary fields, individuals can direct their efforts towards what truly matters, leading to greater productivity and success.

3. What are some examples of fields that can be eliminated?

Fields that can be eliminated may include negative thoughts and self-doubt, unnecessary tasks or responsibilities, toxic relationships or environments, and anything else that may be holding someone back from reaching their full potential. It can be beneficial to analyze one's daily routine and identify any fields that may be hindering progress.

4. How can one identify which fields to eliminate?

One way to identify which fields to eliminate is by conducting a self-assessment. This can involve reflecting on one's strengths, weaknesses, and goals. Additionally, seeking feedback from trusted individuals can provide insight into areas that may be holding someone back. It can also be helpful to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, focusing on those that align with one's goals and eliminating those that do not.

5. Is eliminating fields a one-time process or an ongoing effort?

Eliminating fields is an ongoing effort. As individuals grow and evolve, their priorities and goals may also change. Therefore, it is essential to regularly assess and eliminate any new fields that may arise. It is also essential to continuously work on self-improvement and identifying potential barriers to reaching one's full potential.