Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Power Engineering Paper Ideas

1. Apr 2, 2017 #1
    I am electrical engineering senior taking a class on power generator, power distribution, and motor design. I am looking for final papers ideas. I am very interested in energy storage and its applications. One paper I found was http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7362184/?reload=true. I am looking for more study material and resources(preferably textbooks and research papers). I am also open to other ideas for the paper. Let me know!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2017 #2
    I suggest that you consider a paper on a pulsed power generator (also known as a compulsator).

4. Apr 3, 2017 #3

Sounds very interesting. Do you know of any study material associated with this topic? After a little digging, I found a beginner friendly source:

Pulsed Power Systems: Principles and Applications by Hansjoachim Bluhm
    It would be great if I could be directed to more resources like IEEE papers. Thank you!

5. Apr 3, 2017 #4
    I worked in this area some 10+ years ago, but I no longer have any of the references. There have been a slew of papers published through IEEE and others, so keep digging.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted