1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Power series help

1. Dec 6, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    My professor says that the integral test is supposed to help me figure out the interval of convergence of this equation:
    Ʃ(2n*(x+1)n)/(n*ln(n))

2. Relevant equations
    integral test

3. The attempt at a solution
    i couldn't figure out what the power series was after i differentiated the first few terms of it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2011 #2
    Why can't i edit my original post? anyways the power series goes from 2 to infinity

4. Dec 7, 2011 #3
    am i going about this even the right way? please someone i beg you to help me , i have my final tomorrow and this was the last practice problem and i really am worried that something of this caliber will be on the final.

5. Dec 7, 2011 #4
    pict

Attached Files:

6. Dec 7, 2011 #5

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Being in a panic doesn't help. You don't need an integral test to find a basic interval of convergence. A ratio test will do fine. An integral test may help at the endpoints though.

7. Dec 7, 2011 #6
    omg i misunderstood everything, wow i should do the problem before i read emails, thank you for clearing that up

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook