How to Incorporate Generator and Load Grounding in Power Systems Analysis?

In summary, the problem at hand involves analyzing a circuit with generators and loads that are not grounded. The equations used for this problem are the same as those used for a similar situation without grounding. However, there is a need to incorporate the effects of grounding, represented by Zg, into the analysis. The goal is to determine where to place Zg in the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks in order to find the Ztotal for each sequence and solve the problem. A diagram of the circuit and more equations may be necessary for a more detailed solution.
hockeyadc

Homework Statement

I've attached the problem as it is easier to understand/view the circuit outline this way.

Homework Equations

If/3 = Ea/Ztotal
Vag+=(If/3)*Ztotal(positive) +1
Vag-=(If/3)*Ztotal(negative)
Vag0-(If/3)*Ztotal(zero)

The Attempt at a Solution

I know how to complete part A, the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks. I also have this problem completed for a similar situation, but the generators and loads are not grounded(i.e. no Zg). The above equations were also used for the problem regarded them not grounded, so I'm not sure where the changes occur. If more detail/equations are need let me I know I will do the best I can to add what I have written down. (Its kinda tough putting these equations/ diagrams up in words)

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry forgot to attach the problem. I've also attached a picture of what I have for part A. I believe this is correct, but again, this is what I've done when there was no Zg? So where does this Zg come into play? As well as the reactances for the generator?(X+.-.0)

Attachments

• powersystems help.doc
    32 KB · Views: 215
  • Part A.jpg
    Part A.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I really just need help determining where to put Zg for the generators and the loads...As in, how would I represent it within the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks? Then I can find my Ztotals for each and proceed.

1. What is a power system problem?

A power system problem refers to any issue or malfunction that occurs in an electrical power system. This can include problems with the generation, transmission, or distribution of electricity, or issues with the equipment and infrastructure that make up the power system.

2. What are the common causes of power system problems?

The most common causes of power system problems include equipment failures, weather events, human error, and overloading of the system. These issues can lead to blackouts, brownouts, and other disruptions in the supply of electricity.

3. How can power system problems be prevented?

There are several ways to prevent power system problems, including regular maintenance and inspections of equipment, implementing safety protocols and procedures, and investing in new technologies that can improve the reliability and efficiency of the power system.

4. What are the consequences of power system problems?

The consequences of power system problems can vary, but they can include power outages, damage to equipment and infrastructure, financial losses for businesses and individuals, and potential safety hazards. In extreme cases, power system problems can even lead to widespread blackouts and major disruptions in daily life.

5. How can I get help with a power system problem?

If you are experiencing a power system problem, you should contact your local utility company or power provider. They will have trained professionals who can help diagnose and fix the issue. You can also seek assistance from a licensed electrician or a power systems engineer for more complex problems or for preventative measures.