Power Transmission

• Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date
trollcast
Gold Member
As part of my school's work experience program I'm going to be spending a week with a HV Electricity design and installation company in their design office. They do pretty much any type of HV installs from renewables like wind turbines to substations and HV transmission lines.

I was just wondering if anyone could link me some good sites that would explain the basics of it and how it all sort of goes together, ie. like substations and stuff like that. I don't really need any of the mathematical aspects of it as my dad says it'll all be pre-calculated and on charts or computer programs (He does the same type of work except its for low voltage) .

Thanks

Ps. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Answers and Replies

trollcast
Gold Member
As part of my school's work experience program I'm going to be spending a week with a HV Electricity design and installation company in their design office. They do pretty much any type of HV installs from renewables like wind turbines to substations and HV transmission lines.

I was just wondering if anyone could link me some good sites that would explain the basics of it and how it all sort of goes together, ie. like substations and stuff like that. I don't really need any of the mathematical aspects of it as my dad says it'll all be pre-calculated and on charts or computer programs (He does the same type of work except its for low voltage) .

Thanks

Ps. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Anybody? I've only got a couple of weeks left until my work experience.