Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Practical Jokes

1. Jul 24, 2004 #21
    Balkan that is just rude and horrid. Good plan though. May have to try it. :wink: :rofl: :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

2. Jul 24, 2004 #22

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I can think of another cruel joke my father-in-law played on one of his coworkers.

His coworker had bifocals - the old kind where the two different lenses went all the way across. My father-in-law carefully put scotch tape across the lenses, lining up each piece with the line separating the two different lenses. He waited a few days and the worker didn't say anything, so he added another layer. Still nothing, so a few days later he adds another layer. Still nothing, so he adds yet another layer.

Finally, the coworker is absent for a couple of hours and when he comes back to the office he is mad as hell. He finally went to an eye doctor to see if he could find out why his eyesight was deteriorating so fast. When his eye tests showed he still needed the same prescription, the doctor checked his glasses to see if they really matched the prescription and discovered the tape.

3. Jul 25, 2004 #23
    hehehe :D i'm going to have to try this out :D

4. Aug 12, 2004 #24

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I once walked up to our electric fence - about 4000 volts - and grabbed and held on to it. The fence pulses about once every second, and of course with 4000 volts and a fair bit of current, a body can't help but sieze with each pulse; as I did. Tsu was standing next to me and started insisting that I let go. I managed to blurt out one word at a time...THIS...IS...FUN... - in time with the pulses. Tsu started yelling at me to LET GO!!! ...NO...I...LIKE...THIS... I said. When she started looking worried I pointed out the the fence was unplugged.

5. Sep 24, 2004 #25

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is a classic that is easy and highly effective; especially if people have been drinking alcohol! :rofl:

If someone has a can of beer or pop, when they're not looking, take a tack and poke a hole in the side of the can just below the opening on top - about an inch down so the person's lip won't touch the hole. Each time the person drinks they will think that they're just being sloppy as the liquid dribbles down their chin. :rofl:

I pulled this on one guy who was so drunk that he never did figure it out. He just kept wiping his chin and shirt. I had to leave the room. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  6. Sep 25, 2004 #26

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is why I never get hammered with physicists! :smile:

7. Sep 25, 2004 #27

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For a second there, I thought that was going to be a huge let down to all the single guys on PF. :frown:

sometimes I read 'with' as 'by'...my bad.

8. Nov 19, 2004 #28

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For some reason Ian's dog thread made me think of this.

Some years ago I helped put on a Summer Space Camp for the Cub Scouts. So as to make a long story short...after it was over I drove through town with a human-like robot tied up in the back of my pickup truck; screaming for help!

"Help! Help! I'm being kidnapped!!! Help! Help!" He had a camera head that I could aim at bystanders.

Some of the looks that I got... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. Nov 20, 2004 #29

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I have quite a simple one planned at the moment. You've probably heard it 1000 times already, but never mind.
    At the first decent snowfall this year, I'm going to make myself a nice little snowball, put it in my freezer and some time around June or July, smack my brother in the back of the head with it.
    After my months of waiting, I'll probably either miss or find out its recrystalised into something the weight and consistency of a stone, and have to rethink my plan, but I still think its worth a try.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook