1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Practice of re-gifting

1. Oct 6, 2006 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

1/2 of American admitted to re-gifting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061005/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_life_regifting

I actually don't see anything wrong with this. When I give a gift to someone, I usually tell him/her that he/she is more than welcome to give it to someone else if he/she doesn't want it, or has no room to keep it (which is often my problem). I see this as another form of recycling. If you can find someone else who can appreciate the gift more than you, then what's wrong with making someone happy?

I am always appreciative of the gifts I get, whether I keep them or not. Just knowing that someone actually went out of their way to get you something is good enough for me.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2006 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Re-gifting is better than de-gifting at least..

4. Oct 6, 2006 #3

Mk

I'm just an antigiftist. If somebody gives me a gift I tell them I don't want it from them. Why would somebody give me a pretty gift as a token of piece? Fabrshajsdaé eggs never helped anyone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?