Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prague Airport Named Worst

1. Mar 24, 2009 #1

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2009 #2

wolram

Gold Member

That must be the set for a new comedy, was that guy at the desk Steven Fry in disguise.

4. Mar 24, 2009 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The video is definitely funny, but totally misleading. Prague is one of my favorite European cities, and Prague's airport is really no worse than, say, Ontario International near LA.

- Warren

5. Mar 24, 2009 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

That's unfair. The worst airport in this part of the world is in Warsaw. Some departures were delayed by 3 years.

6. Mar 24, 2009 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It can't have been filmed at Heathrow - the escalators are working!

For the real best and worst see http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/2007/06/15/askthepilot236/ [Broken]

It is nice to know that Franz finally got a job with the civil service. There is a list of banned items you can't take on a plane in Europe - but the list is secret! http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/10/hand_luggage_banned_list/

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Mar 24, 2009 #6
    Has anyone been to Colombo. We(me and my girl) were not allowed to board the plane for which we had tickets 6 months in advance, because supposedly we weren't there early enough and all the seats were already taken. That was the time when i was aquainted with the verb "overbooked", LOL. And we were at the counter 2 hours and 10min before the flight. When confronted why they had overbooked the plane, the manager said " no, we downsized the plane". Go figure.

8. Mar 24, 2009 #7

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Or San Juan Puerto Rico.

I was coming in on a connecting flight and I went to catch the next flight and they said. It's gone. I said what do you mean it's gone? It's not supposed to leave for 1/2 hour. They said oh they just decided to leave early.

Early??? Arrive early all you want ... but leave early? Egads. That'll keep you on your toes.

9. Mar 24, 2009 #8
    I'll take a thatched hut terminal (like Chizen Itza, Mexico used to have in 1966, or Isla de Roatan, Hondurus in 1968) over a turbulent plane ride.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook