Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prank time at work today

1. Sep 12, 2016 #1

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A couple of the guys at work were in the mood for fun today. One of our workmates left early so his workdesk area got the treatment, it was prank time ... all his workstation stuff got wrapped up in in clingwrap ... the large stuff for keeping packages on pallets
    Even his can of spray deodorant got wrapped up and hung from the ceiling.
    Then everything got labelled with post-it notes ... the look on his face tomorro morning will be priceless

DSCF6014sm.jpg DSCF6015sm.jpg DSCF6017sm.jpg DSCF6016sm.jpg

Dave

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2016 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Reminds me of the time that I came back from a 3 week vacation to find CDs taped to the walls and hanging from the ceiling of my office.

4. Sep 12, 2016 #3

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The pictures were on my other computer. This is what I returned to.

cd_office_sm.jpg flashy monitors.jpg

borg.jpg
    Yes, that says BORG on the wall. :oldtongue:

5. Sep 12, 2016 #4

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

That will be funny. As long as you're certain it won't backfire on you... What are y'all gonna do if he flips out and becomes violent? You never know how people will react, especially if you disturb their work-space...

6. Sep 12, 2016 #5
    Then I don't think this guy has a sense of community or team spirit. I would fire him soon if I were his boss. So I believe I can take away what I could give my employees.

7. Sep 12, 2016 #6

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

How many people would get into trouble if they pranked their own boss?

One of my coworkers & I did this once to a man we normally got along with quite well (pranked, I mean). We shouldn't have messed with his perfectly organized desk. He was slamming things and flinging papers! His face was red throughout the rest of the day. He also tattled and we got into trouble... Some people are just peculiar about their work-space. I can't even remember exactly what we did, probably taped everything down or something!

8. Sep 12, 2016 #7

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

pranking the boss would be signing your own death warrant, even my immediate manager wouldn't laugh at that

But our work mate laughed lots when he came in to the office, took his own pix and video of what had been done to his work station. :smile:

Dave

9. Sep 12, 2016 #8

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

brilliant !! love it :smile:

10. Sep 13, 2016 #9

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We pranked the boss a couple of years running, he took it all in stride, the year we didn't prank him, he was upset, thought we were mad at him. We then pranked our budget planner, she laughed all day long.

To give you an idea of the pranks, one time we put DO NOT CROSS police barrier tape on his office door and drew a body in tape on the floor, I went and got some of those plastic bullet holes and put them on the windows, and threw a couple of spent shell casings on the floor.

The next year, we were in a huge budget crisis, we put a for rent sign next to his door, he liked it. Funny thing, the dean had a meeting with him and beat him to his office before he actually saw it. The dean thought it was a novel approach to closing the budget gap.

Of course sometimes the jokes will backfire, or at least have unintended outcomes. I worked in aerospace for a bunch of years, we had old engineers, really OCD guys, they even had pocket protectors and 6 inch slide rules in their pocket. One guy used to come in in the morning and take three brand new pencils out of the cabinet and sharpen them to within about 1/10th of an inch of each other, he then put them on his desk perfectly parallel to each other then go and get his cup of coffee. We would walk by and move one of the pencils ever so slightly or rotate them a couple of degrees. He would sit there and shake for about 5 minutes afterwards. He asked one time about it when all the pencils were out of whack, we told him an earthquake. After a year of this he left the group, not mad but left the group. Not our intention, but funny.

I have more of those, aerospace company engineers are some of the best people to work and have fun with.

11. Sep 13, 2016 #10

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

haha nice one :)

12. Sep 14, 2016 #11
    Then you have to redefine your "normally-got-along-with". I agree with you that people need personal work-space but they need or must realize also that it is company's assets, no matter what matters, not anyone else's in the room.

13. Sep 16, 2016 #12

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

The thing about pranks is that you and your co-workers need to aware of the personality of the person you're about to prank to gauge if it's wise to do so or not. It sounds like you've got great people with a solid sense of humour in your boss and budget planner.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted