Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pre-Big Bang Scenario

1. Oct 16, 2006 #1
    Hi folks

I'm interested in the Pre-Big Bang Scenario which has been around for several years. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this theory please see - http://www.ba.infn.it/~gasperin/

Does anyone have opinions on the validity of this theory? I'm curious about theological consequences of this theory but this seems to be the place to post it since philosophy forums don't have a lot of people who are knowledgeable on both relativity and quantum theory. In fact this scenario gets into string theory which I know zilch about.

All comments are very welcome

Best wishes

Pete

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2006 #2
    im not sure about this idea but talking about anything before big bang usualy means only speculations since nothing is left from any possible time before bigbang and therefor cant be falsefied or confirmed

4. Oct 16, 2006 #3
    Gasperini wrote a dissemination book about his work (in italian)
    I red it at once, than I asked to my cosmology prof about it:
    he said that are all overcome ideas...

5. Oct 16, 2006 #4
    this is quite different, it sounds more like a tuning: you see inflation so they fit some residual post-bigbang scalar fields to explain it...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?