Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pre-stressed transient analysis-ANSYS-Urgent

1. Sep 9, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I want to estimate the bending moment of a pre-stressed beam with fixed ends using nodal displacements.

For ex: After modal analysis we get the normalized mode shapes and if we multiply the mode shapes by certain amplitude will give us the displacement of the structure.

And from that displacement I want to find the bending moment. For example, if there are 10 nodes in the beam. lets apply displacements in 10 nodes and obtain the bending moments.

Can some one help me how to do this. I am aware of GUI and I have done the following..

1. Carried out a static analysis to accommodate the non-linearity
    2. Modal analysis to estimate the mode shapes

But I am not aware of command lines. And I had given try to create through command line, so that I can apply displacements on to the nodes. I have attached the log file and the command file with this. I am almost running near the deadline. I will be thankful for your help, suggestions and comments.

Thank you very much in advance.
    vinay

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted