Solve Precal Homework Questions with Step-by-Step Solutions | Need Help?"

• Thread starter psp101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation is about a precalculus homework assignment and the equations T(t)=4t/(t^2+1)+98.6 and P(x)=1500/(x^2-6x+10). The persons involved are discussing their attempts at solving the equations but are unsure of how to proceed. They are asking for help understanding the problems and finding the solutions.
psp101
precal homework I need help please

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

1.T(t)=4t/(t^2+1)+98.6
find T,t

2.P(x)=1500/(x^2-6x+10)

The Attempt at a Solution

1.4t/t^2+1=98.6
sub t=2
4t/2(2)+1=98.6
T=8/5+98.6
1.6+98.2=100.2
not sure how to find t

I don't know how to even attempt question 2

Physics news on Phys.org

I'm not even sure what you are supposed to be doing either. Why don't you supply a complete problem statement?

Yes, please provide a complete statement of the problem.

psp101 said:

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

1.T(t)=4t/(t^2+1)+98.6
find T,t
For one thing, this makes no sense. There t can be anything with a corresponding value for T.

2.P(x)=1500/(x^2-6x+10)
This is a function. What are you supposed to do with it?

The Attempt at a Solution

1.4t/t^2+1=98.6
This is true if the original equation were 4t/(t^2+1)+98.6= 197.2 or if you meant to write
T(t)= 4t/(t^2+ 1)+ 98.6. But you did not write either of those.

sub t=2
Why?

4t/2(2)+1=98.6
T=8/5+98.6
1.6+98.2=100.2
not sure how to find t
? You just declared that it was "2"! I have no idea what you are even trying to do.

I don't know how to even attempt question 2
That's probably because there is NO "question 2". An equation is not a question. Go back and read the problems again and find out exactly what you are asked to do. Do not just look at the equations, read the instructions. Once again, an equation is not a question nor a problem. You have to be asked a question about the equation or told to do something with it.

1. How can I access step-by-step solutions for my precalculus homework?

There are several resources available for accessing step-by-step solutions for precalculus homework. Many textbooks come with an online access code that allows you to view solutions for practice problems. Additionally, there are websites and online forums dedicated to providing step-by-step solutions for precalculus problems. You can also hire a tutor or join a study group to get help with your homework.

2. Is it cheating to use step-by-step solutions for my precalculus homework?

Using step-by-step solutions for your precalculus homework is not considered cheating as long as you are using them as a learning tool and not simply copying the answers. It is important to understand the concepts and methods used in the solutions in order to successfully apply them to other problems.

3. How can I check my work when using step-by-step solutions for my precalculus homework?

Most resources that provide step-by-step solutions for precalculus homework also offer the option to check your work. This can be done by entering your answers into the system and comparing them to the solutions provided. You can also ask a teacher or tutor to review your work and provide feedback.

4. Are the step-by-step solutions for precalculus homework always correct?

The step-by-step solutions provided for precalculus homework are typically generated by experts in the field and have been checked for accuracy. However, it is always possible for errors to occur, so it is important to double check your work and seek help if you are unsure about a solution.

5. How can I improve my understanding of precalculus by using step-by-step solutions?

By carefully studying and analyzing the step-by-step solutions for your precalculus homework, you can improve your understanding of the concepts and methods used to solve the problems. It is also helpful to try solving the problems on your own first and then comparing your solution to the one provided in the step-by-step guide.