1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Precal prep

1. Aug 18, 2011 #1
    I decided to take precal instead of college algebra and trig in two different semesters. I made this choice because of a time issue. Class doesn't start for 2 weeks or so but I'm curious on what topics that will be presented. Also, what things should I get a head start on before starting the class.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2011 #2

Dembadon

Gold Member

It varies from school to school. Some courses will cover Probability/Stats while others won't, and some might omit Sequences/Series. It would be best to try and find resources at your institution so that you can make effective use of your time. But, in general, the topics covered are: Equations, relations, functions, graphing; polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and circular functions with applications; coordinate geometry of lines and conics; analytic trigonometry; matrices, determinants; binomial theorem.

Have you checked your course catalog? The description of the course will sometimes tell you what the class is going to cover. You can also check to see if your instructor has a webpage; sometimes they will post a syllabus early.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook