1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Precalculus Review

1. Apr 5, 2014 #1
    Dear all, I am looking to refresh my memory as to some material at a precalculus level. At the moment I am traversing a course in single variable calculus but I feel some review would be useful.

The following is a list of materials readily available to me so I would appreciate any guidance you can offer. I have tried to do some research as to some suggested texts but have had trouble narrowing it down beyond the following. I have little issue with mixing/matching as necessary if any text has a superior presentation of certain topics.

Algebra and Trigonometry by Axler.
    Basic Mathematics by Lang.
    Principles of Mathematics by Allendoefer and Oakley.
    Calculus 1 with Precalculus by Larson (not seen suggested but a friend has a copy he is willing to give to me so I thought I should list it).
    Gelfand Maths Series by Gelfand et al (Algebra, Trig, Functions and Graphs, Method of Coordinates, Sequences, Combinations and Limits; Lines and Curves: A Practical Geometry Handbook).
    Geometry by Jacobs.
    Elements of Algebra by Euler.
    Euclid's Elements by Euclid.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2014 #2
    To be honest, just use your friends precalculus with calculus textbook.
    It will contain all the algebra and trigonometry that you will need for calculus.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted