Predicting app approval time?

• Thread starter moonman239
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Time
In summary, a potential approach for estimating app approval time could be using a crowd-sourced database and the developer's previous app approval times, but it would be important to carefully validate the data and consider other relevant factors for accurate results. Continuous evaluation and improvement of the estimation process would also be necessary.
moonman239
I would like to build an app that estimates how long it might take an app developer to have his app approved by Apple.

Here's how the app would probably work: The developer tells the app when he or she submitted his app to Apple. The developer also has to certify that he or she is absolutely sure that the app meets Apple's written rules. My app would then use a crowd-sourced database to estimate the number of business days until the app is approved. If the developer has published at least maybe 6-10 apps, the app will construct a confidence interval based on the average approval time of those apps and how much the approval times tend to vary from the mean.

Is this a good approach?

Physics news on Phys.org

I would say that this approach has potential, but there are a few considerations to keep in mind.

Firstly, using a crowd-sourced database for estimating approval time may not always be accurate. The data may be biased or incomplete, and it may not reflect the current state of the app review process. It would be important to carefully select and validate the data sources to ensure accurate results.

Secondly, relying on the developer's certification that their app meets Apple's rules may not always be reliable. There may be cases where the app is not in compliance with the rules and therefore may take longer to be approved. It would be important to have a way to verify the app's compliance before using it as a data point.

Additionally, using the average approval time of the developer's previous apps may not always be a good indicator of the current app's approval time. Each app is unique and may have different factors that affect the review process. It would be important to consider these factors and adjust the estimation accordingly.

Overall, I think this could be a good starting point for estimating approval time, but it would be important to continuously evaluate and improve the accuracy of the estimation by considering all the relevant factors. It would also be beneficial to have a way to update the estimation as the app review process evolves over time.

1. How accurate are app approval time predictions?

The accuracy of app approval time predictions can vary depending on the factors used to make the prediction. However, with the use of machine learning algorithms and historical data, predictions can be made with a high level of accuracy.

2. What factors are considered when predicting app approval time?

The factors that are typically considered when predicting app approval time include the complexity of the app, the completeness of the app submission, the current workload of the app review team, and any changes in app review guidelines or processes.

3. Can app approval time predictions be affected by external factors?

Yes, app approval time predictions can be affected by external factors such as unexpected issues or changes within the app store's review process. It is important to regularly update and adjust the prediction model to account for these external factors.

4. Is there a way to speed up the app approval process?

While there is no guarantee for a faster approval process, there are steps that can be taken to increase the chances of a timely approval. This includes thoroughly reviewing and testing the app before submission, ensuring all guidelines and requirements are met, and providing clear and concise information to the app review team.

5. How can I use app approval time predictions to improve my app development process?

Predicting app approval time can provide valuable insights into the app development process. By analyzing the factors that affect approval time, developers can make improvements and adjustments to their app submission process to increase the chances of a timely approval and overall success of the app.