Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prep for Physical Chemistry.

1. Jun 15, 2010 #1
    Im planning on taking physical chemistry in the fall.

My G. Chem has always been strong, but this past spring I took modern physics (using Taylor/Zafiratos) and feel like I have A TON to learn. So this summer I want to study up the materials where I feel weakest at:

FOr Diff Eq's Im going through Tenenbaums ODE
    For LInear Algebra I'm going through Axler.
    I plan on reviewing my lower div mechanics and classical E&M (using Young and Feedman)

But when it comes to the physics/chem part Im not sure what to study up?
    I have my Taylor/Zafiratos book still. I also have "Quantum Physics of Atoms Molecules Solids..." by Eisberg and Resnick and I also have "Intro to Quantum Mechanics" by Griffiths (as well as Bohm's Quantum theory and Sakurai's books, though I think those are way too advanced..i got all for very very cheap!)

We will be using the book "Quanta, Matter and Change" and plan to get that early. What should I do? Should I reread Modern Physics? Move on to one of the other books I have now? Do I begin with the book we will use? DO I look for another book thats simpler than "Quanta" but focused on quantum chem vs one that focuses on quantum physics in general? Not sure how to prepare for the course?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted