1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prepn 4 phy olympiad

1. Jan 13, 2007 #1
    hi everyone

i'm a 17 year old 4m india, who is taking part in the national phy oymp,
    leading to the intl. phy olympiad.
    how do i prepare 4 this ?
    pl reply soon as i have only a couple of weeks 2 prepare.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2007 #2
    i thnk im so kl cuz i tlk in msn tlk

No idea what you just said.
  4. Jan 14, 2007 #3
    don't you think it's a bit late to "start"? :)
    in this case simply looking through past problems and solutions could help you.
  5. Jan 15, 2007 #4
    i'm not starting from scratch.......
    around 200 ppl from the country r selected 4 the 2nd level, thro an exam(level 1). i got the news ofme selection 4 days ago.
    i'd just like tips 4 prep. and yeah, i am goin thro past yrs problems and solns.
  6. Jan 15, 2007 #5
    Plz dun tlk n AIM speech. (My cousin picked up alot of his english from playing video games online. His english isnt too bad, but he had some teaching in vietnam before he came. Using all of those abbreviations is ok on instant messaging but please try not to use it unless you dont really know the difference from Plz, in that case you should review your english.)

I didnt even know that there was a Physics Olympiad. I'm guessing its like the olympics in physics? I haven't taken high school physics so I wouldnt know. memorizing the equations and the vectors involved is one thing but having a really deep understanding of why those equations are in that form would set you apart
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  7. Feb 3, 2012 #6
    I just happened to look at this post I made about 5 years ago and it's funny seeing how sloppy I was. :-)
    Ki Man: Having spent a few years online, I now understand where you're coming from. These days, I find random abbreviations irritating even in IM/sms. :D
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?