1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prerequisites of Biophysics

1. Jul 2, 2014 #1
    I am physics undergrad and very keen to learn Biophysics. But the problem is I don't know anything about it, I don't know where to start it. Should I need to know much Biology concepts to start learn Biophysics? If yes tell me what are some topics i should know to learn Biophysics.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2014 #2
    Are you considering biophysics for grad school? Or undergrad or what?

I met with some biomath/stats professors at a pretty big university last year before I applied to grad schools and they all said that for their program, you have to have at least shown interest in biology and know a little about the subject - 2/3 university courses at least was recommended for applying.

It seems like a really cool program if we are talking about the same sort of thing.

4. Jul 2, 2014 #3
    I looking for grad level and i know school level biology. Is that enough for learning Biophysics?

5. Jul 2, 2014 #4
    I don't really have a great answer, I would wait for other opinions. But as I said above, they liked 2-3 university level bio classes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook