Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Presentation advice

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1
    I'm doing a presentation on the Hudson's Bay Company, from 1690~1800 for my business history class, and am seeking some advice. What can i do to make this presentation more appealing to the audience? i have powerpoint, but need an interactive thing (quizzes are overdone), which i have no idea what to do. Keep in mind I'll be presenting to a PHD student and 18-year old business students. Thanx for any input!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2
    Maybe adding an animation or a short movie might help.

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you tell us a little about what you'll be talking about in your presentation (other than the general topic), we might be able to suggest some sort of demonstration that would fit well within the context of what you have to say.

It's important to use demonstrations and visual aids to supplement a presentation and help it, not just stick them in because you can.

5. Oct 11, 2005 #4
    Well, in my presentation, I'll be discussing how the HBC came to be, and what set it apart from other companies in the 1700s. Also, I'll account for why it has lasted while the hundreds of other fur trading companies in Canada at the time fell. I wouldn't mind a quiz (its a class of about 25), but i would like whatever i do to be innovative - not some "who wants to be a millionaire" imitation, which imo is way overdone. Even video/etc. is difficult due to resource shortages (as well as skill - i suck with technology)

6. Oct 13, 2005 #5
    How about some creative way to quiz the class based upon what i did in my presentation? Maybe there's something there

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?