Well, if we're going to be picky, then you better start making sense.
It isn't even odd to group people and refer to the group as a singular thing. The artists form a band. The bands form a label. The labels form an association. The association is protecting its copyright. The band is an artist. The band is made of artists.
Just because the name looks plural does not make it plural. The Beatles is a band. The charts show The Beatles as a high-ranking artist.
Us silly yanks want to making everything into groups that can be managed as singular people.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving